|Relic Weapons are a generic term used for various high-level, job-specific weapons obtainable after completing a lengthy a series of quests. While not always the most powerful weapon available at a given time, Relic Weapons are still highly regarded and sought after, and are accompanied by lore related to the job.
Zodiac Weapons (2.0)
Eorzea has witnessed a resurgence of the old ways in recent days, as adventurers the realm over take up the ancient trades of warrior and dragoon, bard and black mage, and more. Now, it is the traditional weaponry of these old mantles that are sought, the means of their making long since lost to the ages. It would seem this longing for things past and old is not limited merely to the schools of war and magic...
The reformation of Eorzea’s Grand Companies was born of a longing in the hearts of the free peoples of Eorzea—a longing for the days of old and the peace they knew. It is a sentiment that has since spread to the realm’s adventurers, guiding them toward the rediscovery of trades from a former age that had all but died out. Small wonder, then, that those who have mastered these ancient ways of battle and sorcery now seek the weapons of eld which will enable them to realize the truest expression of their newfound powers. Thus have adventurers begun their quest for the relics.
A line of quests spanning A Realm Reborn through which players can obtain increasing more powerful job specific weapons, up to a maximum of iLevel 135.
See Category:Zodiac Weapon for the complete details.
Anima Weapons (3.0)
A line of quests spanning the Heavensward expansion, through which players can obtain increasing more powerful job specific weapons, up to a maximum of iLevel 240 as of patch 3.35.
See Category:Anima Weapons for the complete details.
Relic Weapons By Job
- Long has the sacred sword Oathkeeper been bestowed upon the commander of the Sultansworn, vowed protectors of Ul’dah’s ruler. Yet it is not alone in its greatness. At the time of its making, three other swords were struck from the same ore and forged in the same fires. These brethren blades, Curtana among them, were then gifted to the three noble paladins by whose hand the brotherhood of the Sultansworn was founded.
Curtana → Curtana Zenith → Curtana Atma → Curtana Animus → Curtana Novus → Curtana Nexus→ Excalibur→ Excalibur Zeta
Holy Shield → Holy Shield Zenith → Holy Shield Atma → Holy Shield Animus → Holy Shield Novus → Holy Shield Nexus→ Aegis Shield→ Aegis Shield Zeta
- The celebrated monk Ivon Coeurlfist passed his days in ascetic seclusion atop the mountains of Gyr Abania. It was there, legend tells, that he sought out coeurls with which to vie, in a bid to advance his training. In time, he came to incorporate the natural movements of the beasts into his fighting style, and in so doing established a legacy in the martial arts which has known no rival since. Ever at his side was his beloved Sphairai, a pair of deadly striking weapons shaped in the likeness of coeurl heads.
Sphairai → Sphairai Zenith → Sphairai Atma → Sphairai Animus → Sphairai Novus → Sphairai Nexus→ Kaiser Knuckles→ Kaiser Knuckles Zeta
- Hidden deep amidst the mountains in the northern reaches of Abalathia’s Spine there once lay a village of stark warriors, among whom lived a line of blacksmiths bound by family and forge. It is said they used molten rock given forth from the bosom of Hydaelyn to heat iron fallen from the heavens, with which they forged axes bearing a tensility and edge unlike any other. This proud line of warrior smiths has long since died out, however, and with them all knowledge of how the great axe Bravura was made.
Bravura → Bravura Zenith → Bravura Atma → Bravura Animus → Bravura Novus → Bravura Nexus→ Ragnarok→ Ragnarok Zeta
- There is a custom still observed in Ishgard today which ordains that the Holy See bestow a polearm dubbed Gae Bolg upon any lancer who ascends to the station of dragoon. Exactly how his weapon is forged remains a mystery, as the very few highland smiths who create them are sworn to keep their methods secret. All that is known is that the bones of dragons slain in the name of Halone are worked into both haft and head, achieving an unmatched balance between lightness and strength.
Gae Bolg → Gae Bolg Zenith → Gae Bolg Atma → Gae Bolg Animus → Gae Bolg Novus → Gae Bolg Nexus→ Longinus→ Longinus Zeta
- Godsbow—a name of great honor given only to those most accomplished with that weapon. According to the annals, the first to win that title was Gilbert, a bard celebrated for his honeyed yet thunderous voice. He is credited with having fashioned the likeness of a lyre into a bow, forming an instrument of war he simply called “Artemis.” Upon Gilbert’s death, the weapon which loosed the arrows that killed countless Ixal and played their requiems both, was taken for safekeeping by the Gods’ Quiver of Gridania.
Artemis Bow → Artemis Bow Zenith → Artemis Bow Atma → Artemis Bow Animus → Artemis Bow Novus → Artemis Bow Nexus→ Yoichi Bow→ Yoichi Bow Zeta
- For generations, the staff known as Thyrus was passed down as an heirloom in House Cant, a proud lineage which yielded Gridania several Padjal, those chosen of the wood. Some decades ago, however, the then head of the House Cant, A-Towa-Cant, disappeared suddenly and inexplicably, and the legendary Thyrus along with him. To this very day, none know for certain what became of the Padjal, or his treasured weapon.
Thyrus → Thyrus Zenith → Thyrus Atma → Thyrus Animus → Thyrus Novus → Thyrus Nexus→ Nirvana→ Nirvana Zeta
- All in the Order of Nald’thal know well the legend of Shatotto, a mighty thaumaturge from the fifth of Astral Eras. Her creation of destructive and catastrophic spells evoked as much fear as it did respect, prompting ignorant souls to call her unsavory names—Death’s Handmaiden, the Black Witch, and the She-Devil among them. She was also possessed of an otherworldly talent for crafting thaumaturgical staves. Among her creations, the Stardust Rods are by far the most powerful and coveted, believed as they are to be fashioned from the celestial remnants of a star Shatotto herself brought down to Hydaelyn and clove asunder.
Stardust Rod → Stardust Rod Zenith → Stardust Rod Atma → Stardust Rod Animus → Stardust Rod Novus → Stardust Rod Nexus→ Lilith Rod→ Lilith Rod Zeta
The Veil of Wiyu → The Veil of Wiyu Zenith → The Veil of Wiyu Atma → The Veil of Wiyu Animus → The Veil of Wiyu Novus → The Veil of Wiyu Nexus→ Apocalypse→ Apocalypse Zeta
Omnilex → Omnilex Zenith → Omnilex Atma → Omnilex Animus → Omnilex Novus → Omnilex Nexus→ Last Resort→ Last Resort Zeta
Yoshimitsu → Yoshimitsu Zenith → Yoshimitsu Atma → Yoshimitsu Animus → Yoshimitsu Novus → Yoshimitsu Nexus→ Sasuke's Blades→ Sasuke's Blades Zeta
Pages in category "Relic Weapons"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.