From Gamer Escape's FFXIV Wiki, the free Final Fantasy XIV encyclopedia
|Affects physical ranged damage, damage dealt by rogue's arms.
Point allotment gained while leveling can be used to enhance dexterity.
Increasing a character's Dexterity will have the following effects:
- Increases ranged attack power.
- Increases Rogue and Ninja melee damage.
Dexterity is used by Archer/Bards (as it determines the damage of ranged attacks) and Rogue/Ninjas.
- Prior to Patch 3.0, Dexterity used to effect the Parry & Block Rate stats.
- Prior to Patch 2.0, Dexterity used to have an effect various Disciple of the Hand & Land classes:
- Increased chance of creating HQ items when using the following:
- Increased the performance of Fisher gathering.