From Gamer Escape's FFXIV Wiki, the free Final Fantasy XIV encyclopedia
- After disappearing from the guild without a word, Sylphie was later spotted by a party of conjurers in the South Shroud. Brother E-Sumi has requested that you travel to the area and escort the wayward child back to Gridania. Speak first with Wulfiue in Buscarron's Druthers to learn more of the young conjurer's present state of mind.
- Wulfie(sic) has explained that Sylphie, with her sensitivity to the voices of the elementals, must be troubled by the powerful disturbance discovered to the southeast of Buscarron's Druthers. Speak with Sylphie and see how she fares.
- Upon reading her mother's journal, Sylphie has become convinced that conjury is to blame for inciting the wrath of nature. Fearing that the party of Hearers sent to cleanse the corruption are further angering the Twelveswood, the young conjurer sets off to stop them. Catch up to Sylphie before she stumbles into danger.
- With a helping hand from nature, you have managed to cleanse the massive manifestation of corrupted earth. Speak with Sylphie and learn what the young conjurer is thinking.
- After witnessing the battle, Sylphie has conceded that perhaps nature is not as frightening as she believed. Return to Stillglade Fane and report to Brother E-Sumi.
- Having learned of her mother's honest, yet misdguised(sic), motivations, Sylphie is now determined to embrace the power of nature. At long last, the young conjurer seems to have put her personal troubles behind her. The general mood of hope is dampened, however, by the revelation that the Twelveswood is suffering from some widespread and as yet unknown affliction. Return to your studies and seek greater mastery over your art in preparation for the day when Brother E-Sumi calls upon you once more.
- The next conjurer quest will be available from E-Sumi-Yan upon reaching level 30.
Upon chasing down Sylphie you'll fight a battle against a Tainted Earth Sprite that summons waves of monsters to defend itself. Focus on taking down the additional monsters. While the NPCs are capable of healing each other, you should step in as well if you want them to last the whole fight.
Kill the initial wave of Mudpie enemies as fast as you can, Then focus on the getting the Treants down as fast as you can. If you do this the NPCs should manage to make it the whole fight. they may still need some minor healing though so keep that in mind
Eventually, elementals will appear to assist you. The waves of enemies are not limitless, and once they are exhausted you can focus on the earth sprite.
Another strategy is to focus primarily on healing the NPCs. They will eventually take down the mobs along with the elementals. The NPCs do not need to complete the duty.