From Gamer Escape's FFXIV Wiki, the free Final Fantasy XIV encyclopedia
- Lulutsu of the Coliseum has given you some interesting news. For the first time in their history, the elite of the Sultansworn are prepared to teach the secret arts of the paladin to outsiders. If you wish to learn these skills, seek out the captain of the Sultansworn elite. His name is Jenlyns, and he can be found near the Royal Promenade, in Ul'dah's Hustings Strip.
- You have spoken to Jenlyns, captain of the Sultansworn. He is prepared to teach you the paladin skills, but only after you have proven yourself worthy. To that end, he tells you to travel to the ruins south of Little Ala Mhigo in southern Thanalan, light the brazier within, and face the undead monsters drawn to the flame.
- The foul abominations are no more. Feed their hearts to the flame so that you might obtain proof of your triumph.
- As you complete the trial, you approached by a free paladin. He hands you a strange crystal and asks that you give it to Captain Jenlyns. Report back to Jenlyns at his station near the Royal Promenade, in Ul'dah's Hustings Strip.
- Jenlyns teaches you the basics of the paladin arts, and bequeaths to you the Soul of the Paladin. However, you observe that it bears a striking resemblance to the crystal given to you by the free paladin at the ruins. Show the crystal to Jenlyns and see what he has to say.
- Jenlyns is enraged to learn that the crystal you bore was indeed another Soul of the Paladin. He explains that the free paladin you met is a traitor and a thief, and asks that you assist the Sultansworn in bringing the oathbreaker to justice. Your path now clear, you resolve to hone your skills until the time comes.
- The next paladin quest will be available from Jenlyns upon reaching level 35.