From Gamer Escape's FFXIV Wiki, the free Final Fantasy XIV encyclopedia
|Affects maximum HP, damage dealt with gladiator's arms, marauder's arms, dark knight's arms.
Point allotment gained while leveling can be used to enhance vitality. Increasing a character's Vitality will have the following effects:
- Increases maximum HP (in combination with your class and level.)
- Increases physical damage dealt while playing as a gladiator, marauder, or dark knight.
- Prior to Patch 3.2, Vitality did not have an effect on damage dealt, and only increased your maximum HP.
- Prior to Patch 2.0, Vitality had the following effects:
- Increased the performance of Miner gathering.
- Increased chance of creating an HQ item when using: