Anima is a character's self-replenishing life-force. Prior to the Calamity, an individual recovered one Anima every four hours up to a maximum of 100 points.
Anima was consumed by using any of the following actions:
- Teleporting oneself from any location to a previously visited Aetheryte Crystal
- Anima cost depended on your current location and the destination.
- Teleporting between regions cost 6 Anima points.
- Teleporting within your current region cost 4 Anima points.
- Teleporting to a city's aetheryte plaza or to one of your favored destinations cost half of the normal cost.
- Teleporting from an Aetheryte Crystal to one of its associated Aetherial Gates in your current region cost 1 Anima point.
* Accepting a teleport offer from another player is free.