- Having mastered Blood Drain, you return to Martyn, eager to continue your training. As the Great Azuro, he has already gained something of a following, and a small group of fans interrupts your conversation to have him perform his─apparently─customary pre-fight speech. While he seems to be relishing his newfound stardom rather more than anyone had anticipated, he finds time in his busy schedule to impart to you his knowledge, and arranges to meet you in Spineless Basin in central Thanalan.
- The rocky landscape of central Thanalan is plagued with hordes of vicious hornets, and the area where you rendezvous with Martyn is home to a particularly lethal variety. He suggests that you test your recently acquired Blood Drain spell on these vilekin, so that you may gain valuable experience in using blue magic against a genuine threat.
- A barrage of spells soon puts paid to the man-eating hornet's attempts to sting you to death. It is slowly becoming apparent that blue magic may yet serve as a viable means of dispatching a variety of threats, and that Martyn's claims of its endless potential may be founded in fact after all.
- On your way back to Martyn, you find him accepting payment from a local merchant for exterminating the very same buzzing pest you were sent to slay. Although you are quick to express your displeasure at being asked to carry out menial tasks in the name of “training,” your blue mage mentor weasels out of it with practiced ease, and offers to pay your share once you have returned to Ul'dah.
- Martyn is under the impression that the training session in Thanalan has yielded the desired results, while you cannot shake the feeling that it was a thinly veiled ploy to earn a few extra gil at your expense. In an attempt to prove that he has not entirely forgotten about mentoring you in blue magic, he sets you the task of learning another spell, namely, Mind Blast.
- ※The next blue mage quest will be available from Martyn upon reaching level 20 and learning Mind Blast.