- Lyse, having but recently assumed leadership of the Ala Mhigan Resistance, continues to struggle with the weight of her new responsibilities. Seeing this, Raubahn invites the two of you to accompany him to Coldhearth, a poor village of little consequence, which he reveals to be his childhood home. There he tells you of his life before the imperial occupation, when a soldier sent away from the front to mend first heard the words of a revolutionary firebrand...
- Adrift in a memory of decades past, you observe Lyse's father deliver a speech to a crowd of cheering Ala Mhigans─among them, Raubahn Aldynn and Ilberd Feare, then dear friends. Afterwards, the revolutionary meets with Raubahn and counsels him to remember that freedom should not be an end in of itself, for it is but a chance to build something better...and the work is never finished.
- "Liberty or Death,“ Raubahn repeats; the creed of Curtis Hext and his comrades. Solemnly, he asks Lyse if she will swear by these words, and she does so─though she is quick to add that the liberty she craves must be for every son and daughter of Ala Mhigo, even those who reject the cause. The nation they build must serve as a home for them all, she insists, and Raubahn can only agree.
- The Flame General explains that he could see Lyse wasn't herself, and that he brought her to Coldhearth to remind her why she chose the path she now walks. Satisfied that she has found her resolve once more, he grants you leave to return without him, for he would remain awhile longer...
- Lyse knows well the feeling of returning home after a long absence, and is more than willing to leave General Aldynn alone with his thoughts. Together you depart Coldhearth and journey north.
- Lyse pulls you aside for a moment, sensing that you are being watched. She suggests that you split up and each head towards Radiata, while keeping your eyes peeled for suspicious characters.
- The gang of Ala Mhigan youths observing you and Lyse from a distance panic at your approach, snatching up weapons and charging, apparently intent on killing or subduing you. It is the last mistake they will ever make.
- You find Lyse standing over the corpses of several young men not unlike the ones you were forced to kill. With a start, she recognizes them from Radiata, and concludes that they must have marked you as insurgents when you were searching for Stark Woad. Fearing for Alphinaud and Alisaie's safety, she sprints off towards the nearby settlement as fast as her legs will carry her.
- In Radiata, M'naago assures you that the twins are in no danger, and Alphinaud soon arrives with Stark Woad, putting your fears conclusively to rest. The Alliance agent explains that many youths who have only ever known the occupation are unwilling to place their faith in the Resistance, and would sooner attempt to curry favor with the imperials by capturing or killing enemies of the Empire. Alas, until you march on Ala Mhigo and defeat Zenos once and for all, such desperate individuals will remain a threat to you and yours.