Third Astral Era
c.5,000 YBC ~ 4,000 YBC
Fourth Umbral Era
c.4,000 YBC ~ ? YBC — Umbral Era of Earth
The events of this era saw the downfall of the Allag.
Fifth Astral Era
Around three millenia ago. This was the age of the Endless Frost. During this time, magic was discovered, born out of a need to survive the barren wasteland of snow and rime.
After the snows thawed, magic was used in myriad ways and this led to the creation of Black Magic, with White Magic being created at the same time to keep its destructive power in check. Unfortuneatly it was discovered that White Magic was just as destructive as the Black, and the flow of aether dried.
Legends say that it was at the end of this era that "a terrible blackness" filled the sky and descended, blocking out all light and darkening the hearts of men. A struggle for wealth and power among nations caused the collapse of all morality and chaos engulfed the land. The Twelve had no choice but to collapse the realm into a new umbral era.
Sixth Umbral Era
Legends say that in response to the chaos and destruction seen from the world of men at the end of the Fifth Astral Era, The Twelve drowned the world in a cleansing deluge, saying "Behold the power of pure water!" Much of Eorzea was destroyed.
Sixth Astral Era
- The Sharlayan theologian, Lewphon, pens The Five Ages in an attempt to bring the disparate histories of Eorzea's cultures into one common thread. 
- The Hyur arrive in Eorzea for the first time from surrounding continents and islands, encroaching on land that once belonged entirely to the Elezen and beginning a conflict between them that would eventually split the Elezen into two clans.
- The Ixal choose to settle in the Twelveswood, known to them as Tinolqa. Worshipping Garuda, then known to them as the Empress of Birds, they eventually flourished so unchecked that they were banished by the elementals that govern the wood and relocated to Xelphatol. It is after this that they lose most of their feathers and capability for flight.
- The Ixal finally realize their dream of returning to the skies, but through the invention of the dirigible, not on wings as they had hoped.
- Ququruka allows himself to be imprisoned in the Marasaja Pit after performing black magic a ritual with Kazibb Chah of the Amalj'aa, Hateli Meloc of the Ixal, and Da Gu of the Kobold, which resulted in the death of these beast tribe members and the creation of Barbatos
- Wood Wailer Captain Mistalle founds the Lancers' Guild, hoping to combine into one formulaic art the myriad of lance techniques brought to Gridania by spearmasters from all over Eorzea, many hoping to test themselves against the might of the famed Wailers.
- The small city-state of Garlemald conquers the northlands with new magitek technology, successfully merging them into entity and consolidating this power as the foundation of the Garlean Empire.
- The League of Lost Bastards, led by Bloefhiswyn, and the crew of Mistbeard Rycharde do battle off the coasts of Bloodshore, thereby giving the location its name.
- The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak is deemed barbaric and unworthy of Gridanians. The prison, and all the woodsin contained within, are sealed off.
- The Darklight Raiders take a job in Cutters Cry and are destroyed by the Chimera within, only Sibold survives.
- The Battle of Griffin Crossing takes place in Coerthas at a bridge between the Central Highlands and Eastern Lowlands, with the Ixal dealing a crushing defeat to Grianian forces and humiliating the Gods' Quiver
- Nidhogg awakens in Dravania after a century of slumber; many dragons concentrate on his presence and Ishgard suffers many casualties as a result.
- The Garlean Empire conqueres Ala Mhigo in the first step of their invasion of Eorzea.
- The Battle of Silvertear Skies takes place between the Garlean Empire and Midgardsormr, supported by the Dravanian Horde.
- Several Sharlayans begin to gather intelligence across Eorzea.
- Y'shtola investigates Limsa Lominsa, tasked with recovering the "the key" and gauging Lominsan aggression towards the Garlean Empire. The sea serpent is sighted and the 5th Levy is annihilated by Sahagin during Sthalmann's attempted coup d'état. An Ascian takes possession of the Key.
- Thancred investigates Ul'dah
- Yda and Papalymo investigate Gridania
- Players of Lominsan origin arrive in Limsa Lominsa and experience echoes until being inducted into the Path of the Twelve and participating in the events of 1.X.
- Urianger spreads warnings of the coming Seventh Umbral Era and surrounds himself with controversy in order to distract the VIIth Imperial Legion's attention.
- The Sixth Astral Era ends at the Battle of Carteneau
Seventh Umbral Era
- A Realm Reborn Begins
c. — circa — An inexact year roughly around this time.