- Ser Alberic reports that he has succeeded in finding a way to have Orn Khai transported across to Kugane. He neglects to inform you of exactly how the young dragon will be making the journey, but ensures you that you will be able to rendezvous with him if you speak to Karaku, the owner of the Bokaisen Hot Springs.
- Upon hearing your name, Karaku hastily rushes off to collect a package he says is addressed to you. It is immediately evident that all is not as it seems when the contents of the crate start demanding to be set free. Orn Khai soon escapes from the confines of the box and informs you that the legend of the Serpent of the Ruby Sea is the tale you shall be investigating next. The two of you make your way to Isari in order to see just how much the locals know.
- A local fisherman tells you that he is familiar with a faerie tale that mentions the Serpent of the Ruby Sea. However, as his knowledge does not stretch much beyond that, he bids you talk to one of the village's older inhabitants if you seek more information. You spy an elderly lady nearby and head in her direction to see if she cannot aid your search.
- As luck would have it, the elderly lady is well versed in matters concerning the legend. According to her, the serpent is no mere faerie tale; it lurks nearby the Coral Banquet and has been to known to eat men whole. Undeterred, you elect to summon Orn Khai in order to share with him your findings.
- After hearing that the serpent commonly eats pirates whole, Orn Khai suggests there is little chance that the creature could be Faunehm. Nonetheless, his curiosity gets the better of him and he requests your assistance in searching for the beast of legend. Orn Khai heads off to hunt the bait required to lure the creature out of hiding, while you head for the Coral Banquet.
- Orn Khai hurls the freshly hunted bait into the sea and, lo and behold, a menacing creature rises from the ocean depths. You lock horns with the Serpent of the Ruby Sea.
- After a fierce battle you finally succeed in slaying the legendary serpent. Inspired by the creature's size, Orn Khai decides to take its carcass back to Bokaisen Hot Springs for supper.
- Upon your return to Bokaisen Hot Springs, Orn Khai greets you with the disheartening news that he has already helped himself to the choice cuts of serpent meat. Putting the issue to one side, it is agreed that Orn Khai will remain in Kugane and search for further leads as to Faunehm's whereabouts.
- ※The next dragoon quest will be available from Orn Khai upon reaching level 68.