- Overjoyed to have found an assistant willing and able to lighten his load, the deputy postmoogle has picked out what he believes is the ideal training assignment for you. Your mission, whether or not you choose to accept it: take the letter in hand and deliver it to Baderon, proprietor of the Drowning Wench.
- Your delivery a successful one, Baderon wastes no time in enlisting your services as an adventurer. It would seem a notorious individual has resurfaced after an extend absence, and the proprietor would seek your help in seeing old debts repaid. He urges you to speak with S'dhodjbi before setting out to find this potentially dangerous individual.
- S'dhodjbi surmises that the man in question is an old foe from Baderon's former life as a sellsword. She affords you with a special gift that she believes will serve you well in your encounter with the Roegadyn ruffian who awaits you in middle La Noscea.
- You come upon a Roegadyn ruffian threatening a defenseless merchant's life. It would appear Baderon's foe is a dangerous man, indeed. Douse the menacing fellow with the water provided to you by S'dhodjbi for this very purpose.
- A thorough drenching at your hands having apparently exacerbated his state of nausea, the Roegadyn staggers drunkenly away. Though the ruffian appears somewhat less threatening than he did moments ago, it would nevertheless be wise to seek out the brute before he can wreak any greater havoc.
- A brief parley with the ruffian reveals his name as Tylswaen. To your surprise, he is not an old foe of Baderon's, but rather a comrade—a fellow sellsword who incurred Baderon's ire not for crimes committed, but merely for his drunken debauchery. Tylswaen explains that he has returned with a gift for his old friend—a gift that he promptly left behind at Summerford Farms when he departed in a stupor. Venture there in the Roegadyn's stead and speak with Staelwyn, that you might recover what has been lost.
- Less than pleased at the mess the drunkard left behind, Staelwyrn nevertheless explains that Tylswaen's belongings like as not may still be found in his room. Go and retrieve them, taking care not to step in any foul spew that the drunkard left behind.
- You have recovered the goods—a threadbare coinpurse containing a pair of old coins. Return it to Tylswaen, that he might deliver this humble present to his old friend.
- Tylswaen thanks you, greatly relieved to be reunited with his possessions. He sets off for the Drowning Wench and encourages you to join him there, with an assurance that drinks will be on the house. Return and speak with Baderon to see if this is indeed the case.
- Beneath his gruff exterior, Baderon appears heartened at the long-overdue reunion with his erstwhile comrade. Tylswaen explains that the matching coins were a memento from a mutual acquaintance, a veteran sellsword who guided the two new recruits all those years ago. Though Tylswaen still wonders what compelled Baderon to give up his old life, it would seem that must remain a tale for another day. In the meantime, the deputy postmoogle will be eager to learn that your training mission was a success.
- You report the success of your delivery—and the ensuing events—to the deputy postmoogle. Your superior is ecstatic to see his new recruit make such a splendid first impression, and promises that a steady stream of challenging assignments lies in your future.