- Keimei is not done lavishing presents on his precious butterfly.
- Master Keimei gleefully informs you that the Kaiko-odori festivities were a great success, with Kotocho─and the dress you made for her─the unquestionable star of the show. As a result, Western fashions are in ever higher demand, and business at Daitenya continues to boom. What's more, Kotocho has caught the eye of none other than Kugane's highest magistrate─the bugyo─who has invited the girl to perform at an exclusive banquet for visiting heads of state. Keimei, as is his wont, would present her with yet another gift worthy of the occasion. Seek out Kotocho at her usual haunt and see what manner of garment she seeks this time.
- You arrive in the Hanamachi to find Kotocho and Kototsuru in the midst of a heated debate regarding the relative merits of tradition versus modernity in the flower district in this time of rapid change. Kotocho reveals to you her bold plans for the bugyo's banquet─she would wear a garment reminiscent of the dancing girls of the West, in hopes of making a striking impression on her audience. Frustrated by her protégé's utter lack of respect for Hingan custom and tradition, Kototsuru proposes a contest to raise the stakes. To wit, the geiko who better earns the favor of the bugyo and his audience will retain her position, while the defeated will renounce her status and return to the humble role of an apprentice's apprentice. Kototsuru storms off with a derisive scoff, while Kotocho states her resolve to prove herself in the face of the veteran geiko's challenge. Determined to lend what aid you can to the girl, you return to Keimei to procure the materials necessary to begin work on your latest creation.
- Keimei at first responds to Kotocho's approach with a degree of skepticism, but in the end he chooses to place his trust in his butterfly. As always, he offers you your choice of his fabrics free of charge, and bids you begin work on the piece as soon as you are able.
- Much like the young master, Yagiri is somewhat perplexed as to the nature of the piece you will be creating and whether or not it will be accepted by the conservative audience. He grants, however, that his knowledge of Western traditions is yet lacking, and expresses his confidence that you will be able to work wonders with your needle once more.
- ※In the event you lose the ingredients or the synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Yagiri.
- Any misgivings that Keimei had regarding the bustier you fashioned are instantly blown away the moment his butterfly floats elegantly onto the scene wearing your masterwork. Kotocho thanks you and the young master for your patronage, promising to dance for the bugyo as she has never danced before, and confidently strides off to the venue. You and Keimei become concerned, however, when the girl fails to return even in the late hours of the night. The young master proposes that you split up and go in search of her, so you make for the piers, where Kotocho has been known to frequent when she seeks peace of mind.
- You find Kotocho on a deck overlooking the waters, staring off blankly into the distance. Keimei arrives shortly after, and the two of you learn that she was defeated in the contest, and has resigned herself to starting over from the bottom of the ranks. You are they joined by Kototsuru, who educates Kotocho in the error of her ways. As Kototsuru tells it, her mistake was twofold: she did not consider that the audience would be less than impressed with her choice of garment, and furthermore neglected her training in the traditional arts that they specifically sought to partake in. After the veteran geiko leaves, Kotocho expresses her sincere regret─deep down, she knew that Kototsuru was only looking out for her, but her pride and overconfidence blinded her to the truth. She vows to take this lesson to heart and redouble her efforts until the day when she can reclaim her position. Thanking you and Master Keimei for your support, she then bids you farewell. You promise to pay visit to Daitenya to console Master Keimei, who is clearly more distraught at this turn of events than he let on.
- Master Keimei is worried about the impact the day's events will have on his ability to sell imported fashions, but accepts that there is nothing that can be done but trust in Kotocho and bide his time until the girl's second apprenticeship is over. He entreats you to continue honing your needlework, that the two of you might present his butterfly with a fitting gift when the girl─inevitably, he believes─reclaims her former position.
- ※The next weaver quest will be available from Keimei upon reaching level 70.
Seductive Bustier can be found under Logs -> Crafting Log -> Special Recipes -> Class Quests