- A concerned Erik has a request for you.
- Erik informs you that an Ala Mhigan Resistance soldier had come asking after Widargelt's whereabouts. Fearing that your brother monk may be dragged back on the path of vengeance, the professor bids you seek him out with all haste, and suggests that you try your luck in Ala Gannha.
- You do not find Widargelt in Ala Gannha, but it appears he comes often to train the villagers. According to one, the monk had business in Little Ala Mhigo, and you strike out for Thanalan in pursuit.
- You arrive in Little Ala Mhigo to find Widargelt standing before a grave─that of Adri, his closest friend turned foe. No sooner do you warn your brother monk that the Resistance is trying to find him than a soldier arrives. Revealed to be a member of Widargelt's old unit, the man invites his former captain to a meeting at Rhalgr's Reach. Widargelt accepts, and asks that you be present for the proceedings.
- The meeting proves to be with none other than Lyse. In order to build a unified nation, she requests Widargelt's cooperation as a man of royal blood, but he declines, stating that he wishes to serve Ala Mhigo as a humble monk. Respecting his decision, Lyse instead asks Widargelt to train Resistance soldiers in the way of Fist of Rhalgr, and he happily agrees. At Widargelt's behest, the three of you then pay a visit to the Temple of the Fist. There, Lyse and Widargelt affirm that, though their paths may differ, their goals are one and the same. Satisfied that all is well, you set out back to Ul'dah, where Erik awaits.
- Erik is pleased to learn that Widargelt's quest to revive the Fist of Rhalgr is proceeding apace. Thanking you for laying his fears to rest, he declares his intent to observe Widargelt and Lyse as they continue striving towards their goals.