- Godriquelain has learned that the Continental Circus is also recruiting volunteers for its festive endeavors in Limsa Lominsa. In order to prevent the Night of Devilry from coming to pass, you must pretend to cooperate with the twisted troupe, that you might uncover the details of their dark plot. Speak with the untrustworthy illusionist near the Aftcastle, and offer your services to him. ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- The untrustworthy illusionist has entrusted you with three pumpkin lanterns, which he bids you place at three locations in Limsa Lominsa, and in the order specified. The first lantern is bound for the Drowning Wench. ※If the illusion wears off, you may receive it again by speaking with the untrustworthy illusionist.
- You have convinced Baderon to let you place a pumpkin lantern inside the Drowning Wench. Now make your way to the Coral Tower, and find a likely spot for the second lantern.
- With some conditions, Commodore Reyner permits you to leave the second pumpkin lantern inside the Coral Tower. The third and final lantern is earmarked for Maelstrom Command. Make your way there, and find a likely spot for it.
- Though Commander R'ashaht Rhiki consents to your leaving the third pumpkin inside Maelstrom Command, she warns you that the Maelstrom will not be responsible for its care. You have now placed the three lanterns as prescribed. Return to the Aftcastle and report your success to the untrustworthy illusionist.
- It appears that the untrustworthy illusionist had been plotting to summon forth a horde of dark creatures, and he would have succeeded─with your help─were it not for the unwitting intervention of the locals. For now, you are assured in the knowledge that the realm is safe. Return to Godriquelain and report all that you have seen and heard.
- Though relieved for the present, Godriquelain fears that the Continental Circus may yet usher in the Night of Devilry. He bids you meet him in Ul'dah, where another dark scheme is in the offing. Make haste to the sultanate, and join Godriquelain in the vicinity of the Ruby Road Exchange.
- You arrive in Ul'dah and find Godriquelain waiting at the Ruby Road Exchange. Take a deep breath and steel yourself, for the night promises to be dark and full of terrors.