- Luciane Informs you that the legendary archer-turned-bard, Jehantel the Godsbow, has recently returned to the Twelveswood. Aspiring to transcendent mastery of the bow, several members of the Gods' Quiver have presented themselves as pupils to the legend. Alas, all have returned disappointed, as Jehantel offers to teach poetry and verse. If you would learn from the man nonetheless, make your way west of Quarrymill in the South Shroud, where he is said to have made his camp.
- Having exchanged pleasantries with Jehantel, you astonish the kindly old bard by taking him up on his offer to teach you poetry and verse. He excitedly instructs you to present yourself to a moogle named Pukno Poki, who can often be found in an area situated east of Quarrymill.
- Speaking with Pukno Poki, the moogle prevails upon you to recover a stolen charm that was meant for Jehantel. The thief was last seen fleeing to the east of Quarrymill towards Takers' Rot.
- You have succeeded in reclaiming the stolen charm. Return it to Pukno Poki, who is likely in the last place you saw him, to the south of Takers' Rot.
- You show the charm to Pukno Poki. Impressed by your resourcefulness, the moogle requests that you deliver the strangely shaped crystal to Jehantel in his camp to the west of Quarrymill.
- You deliver both Pukno Poki's message and the charm to Jehantel. The legendary archer explains to you that the item you recovered is known as the Soul of the Bard. Jehantel bids you embrace your new calling, and become a bard who exceeds even Pukno Poki's wildest expectations.
- ※The next bard quest will be available from Jehantel upon reaching level 35.