- Ahead of your battle with Subject Delta IV, Nero furnishes you with some much-needed intelligence. Your opponent is a being known as Exdeath, who commands the power of the void. Like Halicarnassus before him, he is apparently the defeated antagonist of an age-old folktale. It is at this moment that Cid finally gives voice to his earlier quandary: why did Omega choose the vanquished instead of the vanquishers? Before you can contemplate the question, Cid receives a call from Biggs and Wedge, who report that they have been unable to repair the stasis system. And so it is decided that you must continue with Omega's experiment, at least for the time being. As always, Alpha is ready to proceed when you are.
- ※In the event that you leave the Interdimensional Rift, you may re-enter by speaking with the Ironworks hand at the Yawn.
- In but three kwehs, Alpha expresses his determination to settle matters in the Deltascape. Fixing your gaze upon the nearby portal, you gird yourself for the coming trial.
- ※Deltascape V4.0 can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Exdeath proves to be a fearsome foe, but following in the footsteps of the tale's heroes, you succeed in vanquishing him. In the wake of the battle, your comrades join you in the Deltascape, which is the Deltascape no more, having been summarily shut down by Omega, its purpose served. After congratulating you on your victory, your host bids you rest while you await the next call, and you are glad of the opportunity to leave the rift behind.
- You find yourself back on the surface at the Yawn, your companions gathered nearby.
- Cid thanks you for the pivotal role you have played in advancing the investigation. Though there are many and more battles to come, you have taken a momentous step towards solving the mystery that is Omega, and may now enjoy some well-earned respite.