- The deputy postmoogle would task you with an urgent delivery to Little Ala Mhigo.
- Another day, another task from the deputy postmoogle. This time, your furry friend would have you deliver a letter from Hihibaru to his daughter Hihira in Little Ala Mhigo. Though the moogle seems merry as ever, he dispatches you with a warning that there may be more to this missive than meets the eye...
- The letter safely in her hands, Hihira reads aloud her father's message, only to discover Hihibaru is stricken with a fatal malady of the stomach. Ever the kindly daughter, however, she is quick to conceive of a cure, a herbal remedy brewed using Trader vetch roots. With panic in her eyes, she begs you unearth three such tubers in Zanr'ak.
- Malms of wilderness and dozens of Amalj'aa at your back, you finally come upon patches of Trader vetch. With three tubers from the herb safely in hand, make your way back to Little Ala Mhigo─through the malms of wilderness and dozens of Amalj'aa that stand between you and Hihira.
- Though happy to have the crucial roots, Hihira remains worried about her father being alone in his time of need, and asks you to keep a watch over Hihibaru in Highbridge till she can complete her concoction.
- You arrive moments before Hihira to find Hihibaru hale as he ever was. The mystery unravels as he reveals that it is his ailing business that causes his gastric distress, not a mortal malady. Livid, Hihira storms off, leaving you to explain the situation to her father. Hihibaru realizes his mistake...and that his daughter is heading straight towards an Amalj'aa camp. Hihibaru begs you follow her into Drybone, and defend her from any dangers about.
- You spy Hihira hemmed in by Amalj'aa. Save her from a nasty end.
- Spared death on the point of an Amalj'aa spear, a thankful Hihira wends her way home─but only after tasking you with delivering the glad tidings of her safety to Hihibaru in Highbridge.
- Heaving a sigh of relief at the news you bring, Hihibaru hands you a neckpiece. He explains the object belonged to his late wife who perished after long moons spent in painful battle with the Green Rot. The man admits his improvidence, both for having excited fear he suffered a similar illness, and for having driven Hihira away years earlier. He entreats you to give the neckpiece─along with his apologies─to Hihira in Little Ala Mhigo.
- You deliver Hihira both the neckpiece and her father's words of pride. Deeply moved, the girl tells you of her mother's teachings of kindness, and Hihibaru's thirst for gil. Now, however, Hihira thinks her father a changed man, and vows to have more talk of all these things with him.