- The dragoon must wait at his station until the aetheric measurements are complete, so he asks you to check up on the scout sent north, who may be experiencing the same troubles as he is. Go north and speak to the scouting party dragoon to see if she is in need of an adventurer's strength.
- Although the dragoon was able to complete her aetheric measurements, she was attacked and her expedition report was stolen by one of the vicious diresaurs that wander the area. She is not entirely sure which of the brutes stole the report, so kill them until the kleptomaniac dragon gives it up.
- The first diresaur you slay fails to yield the report. Keep your weapon drawn and kill more dragons until the report presents itself.
- After practicing your combat moves on several more diresaurs, you finally find the errant report. Return it to the distressed dragoon so her work will not have gone to waste.
- You return the report to the troubled dragoon, and she is elated that she will be able to finish it at last. It is unclear what the dragon would have done with the information in the report, but surely it would have had dire consequences.