- Cid's voice addresses you from thin air, but even as he explains the reason for his invisibility, the engineer suddenly pops back into view. After recovering from this brief and unexpected diversion, Cid continues to share his thoughts on your next opponent, and proposes that he concentrate on devising a strategy for the inevitable confrontation with Omega. Meanwhile, you are to prepare to re-enter the test world, where the “supplementary” experiment is to take place. Within awaits a most formidable foe─a recreation of the legendary Midgardsormr himself!
- ※Alphascape V2.0 can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have laid low the mighty Father of Dragons. Cid and Alpha await your return back at the expedition's base camp.
- ※In the event that you leave the Interdimensional Rift, you may re-enter by speaking with the Ironworks hand at the Yawn.
- Still shaken by the spectacle of the battle, Cid commends you on your victory against the replicated Midgardsormr. The engineer's praise leads into a discussion about the similarities between your vanquished opponent and the primal Shinryu, with Cid musing that fate had a hand in the decision to awaken Omega. It seems the machine's connection to Midgardsormr arose from conflict on a distant star in the distant past, but it is the salvation of the immediate future which concerns you now...