- Word of your craftsmanship has spread, and a client has requested you by name. Prepare a walnut cane of the highest quality and present it to Beatin for inspection.
- Beatin decrees that the cane will satisfy your client. Look for him at the Adders' Nest and deliver the cane.
- The client, Gairhard, is having difficulty earning the trust of a conjurer newly assigned to his unit. In an effort to show her that some outsiders mean no harm, and wish only to help, he commissioned you to make the cane. He asks you to deliver it to Ponette at Stillglade Fane on his behalf.
- Ponette is deeply moved by the walnut cane. She apologizes for judging outsiders so harshly and acknowledges the contribution made by individuals like Captain Gairhard and yourself to Gridania's cause. Return to the Adders' Nest and inform the captain of the conjurer's change of heart.
- Captain Gairhard congratulates you on a job well done, noting that Beatin was right to favor you. Return to the timbermaster and inform him that the commission is complete.
- The timbermaster's pleasure at the news of your success is matched only by his surprise at the revelation that your client was in fact an old friend of his, back from a long campaign abroad. Though puzzled by Gairhard's failure to inform him of his return, Beatin is nonetheless relieved to hear that he is in good health. ※The next carpenter quest will be available from Beatin upon reaching level 35.