- Ishgardians are great believers in knacks, and Luquelot is eager to impart to you the knack for chocobo raising. Cleanliness is the first lesson; gather up all five piles of vegetable scrap from the stables.
- The stables are now free of moldering vegetable scraps. Luquelot will be glad to hear of it.
- It pleases Luquelot that you were both willing and thorough. The birds' dislike of slovenliness is matched, if not exceeded, by their passion for fresh feed-- especially the exceptional vegetables cultivated by the ranch botanist Margault.
- Margault is as generous as she is knowledgeable. The gigantic krakka root she gives you has a distractingly pungent smell that reminds you alternatively of warm cheese and iced maple sap. Whether this is normal or not, Luquelot shall be the judge.
- Luquelot is fulsome in his praise of the krakka root, and makes no mention of the maddening scent. Perhaps Keitha, the head wrangler of the Bentbranch Meadows, will teach you what to do with this fascinating vegetable.
- Keitha is a woman of action, and prefers to put Little Leia and you through your paces forthwith. Today is a good day to begin training a chocobo.
- Little Leia quite enjoyed her training, and the succulent meal of a gigantic krakka root even more. Does Margault speak true when she says chocobos are what they eat? This train of thought must cease, for Keitha awaits your report.
- Keitha commends you on a job well done; plain-spoken folk are a relief, for there is never a need to guess what thoughts are entwined in their words. She has taught you all you can learn today. It is time to take yourself-- scent and all-- back to Luquelot.
- Luquelot is assured that you have the knack for chocobo raising. The time has come for you to build a stable on the patch of ground you call home, and there, raise a magnificent bird who will accompany you on your adventures. If love and skill are indeed what make a knack, you have the one and can win the other.