Gardening is a feature of the Housing system whereby players can grow a variety of plants with various uses, such as crafting materials and chocobo feed.
Garden patches must be placed in the yard of a housing plot (whether it be a private or free company estate), and they can be purchased either from a Housing Merchant or an estate Junkmonger. The size of an estate determines the maximum number of garden patches available to it; cottages, houses, and mansions can make use of one, two, and three patches respectively. There are three types of garden patches, each allowing for a different number of garden beds. Round, oblong, and deluxe patches contain 4, 6, and 8 beds, respectively. The only benefit to a smaller patch is that you can perform bi-directional intercrossing with fewer seeds.
To begin gardening, players will first need to obtain seeds. Seeds can be gathered by botanists, and will occasionally appear at certain locations where their plants yield crops.
Players will also need to prepare soil for their gardens, which can be obtained by miners. The type of soil will depend on the region where it was gathered. Soil type and grade affects yield quality and quantity, and the likelihood of intercrossing.
- Planting Seeds
- With a garden bed selected, choose a bag of seeds and your desired soil to begin planting.
- Raising Crops
- Plant growth can be promoted through constant tending and the use of fertilizer. The rate of growth and amount of produce yielded varies between plants.
- Fertilize Crop
- Enrich soil and accelerate growth. Can only be applied to a plant once per hour (Earth time).
Pomace only affects oldrose, viola and cherry blossom seeds.
- Tend Crop
- Tend and water plants. Neglected plants will eventually wither.
- Remove Crop
- Remove a plant from its bed before it yields crops.
- Harvesting Crops
- When plants have fully grown, players can harvest their crops to obtain produce. Plants may yield high quality produce depending on how they were cultivated.
In the event that different plant species were growing side by side, they may also render up new kinds of seeds. This process can be repeated with intercrossed plants, and may give rise to heretofore unseen specimens.
Pages in category "Gardening"
The following 170 pages are in this category, out of 170 total.
- Garlean Garlic
- Garlic Cloves
- Garlic Jester (Item)
- Garlic Jester Seeds
- Glazenut Seeds
- Grade 1 La Noscean Topsoil
- Grade 1 Shroud Topsoil
- Grade 1 Thanalan Topsoil
- Grade 2 La Noscean Topsoil
- Grade 2 Shroud Topsoil
- Grade 2 Thanalan Topsoil
- Grade 3 La Noscean Topsoil
- Grade 3 Shroud Topsoil
- Grade 3 Thanalan Topsoil
- Green Oldroses
- Gysahl Greens
- Gysahl Greens Seeds