Players can explore the Diadem to complete mission objectives and participate in special FATEs that occur randomly in the field. Up to nine parties (72 players) can explore in a single instance.
Players can undertake exploratory missions via free company workshops or from the airship landing in Ishgard.
Free Company Exploratory Missions
When undertaking exploratory missions using a free company airship, players must form a party of at least two people. Players can also form an alliance of up to twenty-four players. There are no role requirements for entering the Diadem as an alliance. Each party or alliance member must have a tank of mission ceruleum in their possession, which can be purchased in exchange for company credits. One tank is required for each mission.
- When entering as a single party, the party leader must be a member of the free company whose airship will be used.
- All participating players must be inside the free company workshop when undertaking exploratory missions. When entering as an alliance, the leader of each party must be a member of the free company whose airship will be used. Furthermore, an airship for each party of the alliance is required.
- Upon undertaking an exploratory mission, the airship used must wait five minutes from the time you began before it can be used for exploratory voyages.
- Players cannot add members while undertaking exploratory missions.
Ishgardian Exploratory Missions
Players can also journey to the Diadem via Ishgardian airships. Players can register to undertake Isghardian exploratory missions solo or in a party of up to eight people. Each player of the party must have a mission ceruleum voucher in their possession, which can be purchased from the NPC Jaquoinie in the Pillars (X:14.5 Y:10.9) for gil. One voucher is required for each mission. There are no role requirements when entering as a full party.
- Depending on the type of exploratory mission undertaken, there may be role restrictions for parties with less than eight players. See below for details.
- Players cannot dismiss or add members while undertaking exploratory missions.
Entering the Diadem
The difficulty levels for exploratory missions have been removed. Instead, players may now choose from two types of missions: Trials of the Fury, designed for Disciples of War and Magic, or Trials of the Matron, designed for Disciples of the Land.
Trials of the Fury requires an average item level of 220 or higher, while Trials of the Matron requires an average item level of 179 or higher.
Players will obtain different items in the Trials of the Fury and Trials of the Matron.
Rewards for Trials of the Fury
Players can obtain lockboxes and other rewards by completing the objectives displayed when they enter the Diadem. Players can open their lockboxes by handing them over to the picker of locks NPC found in one of the settlements of the Diadem.
- Mission objectives are set randomly upon entering the Diadem.
- The picker of locks NPC can also be found in the Pillars in Ishgard (X:14.6 Y:10.9) and each city's residential district.
- Lockboxes awarded upon completing all objectives are obtained from treasure coffers carrying personal rewards.
Rewards for Trials of the Matron
After entering the Diadem, players must explore the area and fulfill any assigned mission objectives. By doing so, they will be able to obtain steel sky pirate spoils, which can be redeemed for a variety of goods by speaking with the Spoils Collector at one of the settlements found in the Diadem.
Treasure coffers obtained by defeating monsters will occasionally contain damaged lockboxes.
Occasionally, emergency missions will occur during exploratory missions.
These missions will unlock special areas wherein players will be thrown into large-scale battles. Exclusive rewards await those who successfully clear these missions, so be sure to help each other out and win the day!
- Players who fail to contribute to battle will not receive a reward.
- Emergency missions will end after 15 minutes.
- In the event an emergency mission occurs, the time limit for exploratory missions will be extended by 15 minutes.
Emergency Mission-Specific Rewards