- Thancred suggests that the two of you pose as impoverished souls in order to ensnare the false priest. By way of laying the foundation for this plan, you must first make it known that vagrants have newly arrived at Camp Drybone. Don a weathered shepherd's tunic and a pair of weathered shepherd's slops, and beg the residents of the camp for work.
- You have made a sufficient nuisance of yourself to draw the attention of the false priest. Report back to Thancred.
- It would seem that the poor have established a commune by a pond north of Sandgate, to the east of Camp Drybone. Owing to its isolation, Thancred believes it an ideal place for kidnappers to do their work. Don your disguise once more, and rendezvous with Thancred at said pond.
- The false priest turns out to be none other than Ungust, the obnoxious merchant whom you first found preying upon a refugee woman at the Hourglass. The man reveals that he has been abducting people at the behest of the Amalj'aa. Take this knowledge back to Minfilia, who awaits at the Waking Sands in Vesper Bay.
- Praising your investigative work, Minfilia tells you that an encounter with the Amalj'aa is inevitable. Be prepared to answer the call to arms when the time comes.