- An Ishgardian friend of Ywain's requires aid, and the guildmaster would have you provide it. Make way to the Observatorium and seek out the man, a knight by the name of Ser Alberic.
- Alberic has enlisted your aid in tracking down the Eye, a priceless Ishgardian relic that has been spirited away by a rogue dragoon named Estinien. Consult with Logedanrel for insight as to where the fugitive may have traveled.
- Logedanrel suggests that you speak to the sentry Idristan at Florentel's Spire and inquire as to whether he has seen a man matching Estinien's description.
- Idristand of Florentel's Spire insists that no dragoon in black armor has crossed the border. Return to Logedanrel and inform him that your trip was unfruitful.
- Logedanrel suspects that the fugitive might still be in hiding within Ishgardian borders. Search the cavern east of the Observatorium for signs of a visitor.
- Upon searching the campfire, you were ambushed by a dragoon clad in black steel. Return to Ser Alberic and tell him of your encounter.
- Upon hearing of your encounter, Alberic confesses to you the truth. The dragoon you encountered was indeed Estinien, who is no ordinary thief, but rather the Azure Dragoon-- the chosen one-- and a former pupil of Ser Alberic's. Convinced that you have been chosen by the Eye, Alberic tasks you with retrieving the relic from Estinien.
- The next dragoon quest will be available from Alberic upon reaching level 35.