- Hien is mulling over the details of Alphinaud's linkpearl call.
- Based on your information, Hien is of the opinion that Alphinaud indeed encountered some manner of trouble at the Burn. He suggests conducting a search of the wasteland upon flying mounts, and Yugiri bids you see to your preparations before joining them at the overlook near the House of the Fierce.
- The party is assembled, as are the birds that will carry you. It is time to set out for the Burn in search of Alphinaud.
- ※The Burn can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Scant moments after arriving at the Burn, you are caught in the midst of a fierce sandstorm which scatters your comrades in all directions. Upon landing, you fight your way through hordes of fearsome desert creatures, as well as machina, inside what appear to be Allagan ruins. At length, you emerge in an area of relative safety and are reunited with the others. It is then that you spy the remains of the airship which bore Alphinaud away in the distance. Evidence of a battle abounds, but your friend and his traveling companions are nowhere to be seen. At Y'shtola's prompting, the party proceeds to scour the area for clues.
- Judging by the insignia upon a fallen soldier's uniform, Alphinaud's party came under attack from the Emperor's personal guard. While the implications of this discovery are unsettling, there is little more to be done at the crash site, and Yugiri suggests returning to the Doman Enclave to consider your next move.
- The journey back to Doma proves blessedly uneventful, and Hien is visibly relieved.