- At the entrance to the Aurum Vale, Ser Pierremons confirms that two prisoners escaped from the airship when it made its forced landing. Evidence strongly suggests that the pair came in this direction. Search the area for footprints.
- You have found a set of footprints. Search the area for another.
- You have found another set of footprints. Search the area for more.
- You have found a third set of footprints. They seem to be taking you northerly. Continue your search.
- You have discovered a fourth set of footprints. Search the area for another.
- Straining your ears, you hear the sound of teeth clattering interspersed with the occasional whimper. The noises seem to be emanating from the nearby bridge. Perhaps you should go and investigate.
- Much to your relief, you find Wedge cowering under the bridge, frightened, cold, and hungry, but otherwise unharmed. Make your way to Monument Tower and await Cid's arrival.
- Arriving at Monument Tower, you and Wedge receive a heartfelt welcome from Abelie. While the lure of warmth and rest is great, you are loath to sit idle while Biggs is still alone out there.