Free Companies act as the entirely player character based 'guild/clan' system within Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
"Free Companies can be described as mercenary groups formed of adventurers. They are unique in that they operate under the Aegis of the Grand Companies of Eorzea"
Creating a Free Company
- Be a member of a Grand Company
- Reach level 25
- Restriction: A player can not found a new Free Company until 24 hours (Earth time) has passed after leaving a Free Company regardless of their previous rank.
- Acquire a Company Petition
Locate and speak with an OIC Administrator in any of the three City-States.
- Name the Free Company
A Free Company’s name can be anywhere from 3 to 20 alphanumeric characters long including punctuation. Spaces cannot be used at the beginning or end of the name, or in succession. Names consisting of only punctuation are not allowed. This can only be chosen once.
- Choose a Free Company Tag
A Free Company Tag is displayed above the player character to represent the Free Company to other players. It may consist of up to 5 characters and can be changed after chosen by speaking with an OIC Administrator.
- Acquire Three Signatures
The player must find or know 3 players currently online and invite them by targeting and selecting 'Invite to Free Company from the subcommand menu. The current signatures acquired will be displayed on the right side of the screen by default.
- Pay Registration Fee
Pay the OIC Administrator 15 000 Gil in order to found your Free Company.
Free Company Membership
Inviting Members to a Free Company
- Restriction: A single Free Company can have a maximum of 512 members.
Players with the proper permission within their Free Company may invite other players from anywhere they can target another players name other than the chat window by selecting 'Invite to Company'. Examples; Friends, Linkshell Members, Party Members, Search Window, and Players beside you.
Joining a Free Company
- Restriction: Players can only be a member of one Free Company at a time.
Players must be invited to a Free Company or form their own in order to join. When invited to a Free company players are prompted with an oval window on the right side of the screen much like a friend request or party/linkshell invite. By clicking said window, players can accept the a Free Company invite.
Leaving a Free Company
In order to leave a Free Company players must go to the Free Company window from the Social Lists in the Main Menu and from the Info tab select the 'Leave Company' button located at the bottom.
Players in a Free Company will received messages through the Company Chat, the Company Board, and see a list of all players within the Free Company to send private messages to as well.
Any message input in the Free Company chat mode can be seen by any and all players in the Free Company currently online. This chat mode is activated by prefacing a message with either /freecompany or simply /fc. In addition, the active chat mode can be set to Free Company mode by entering the command /chatmode freecompany or /chatmode fc, or just entering /fc without a following message. Alt + F can be used to switch to Free Company chat.
The Company Board can be edited any time from the Topics tab inside Free Company window, and can contain up to 192 Characters. The Company Board message is displayed to all members at the time they log in.
The Company Slogan can be edited any time from the Info tab inside the Free Company window, and can contain up to 192 characters. The Company Slogan is displayed when players inspect the Free company.
Free Company Lodestone Forum
In addition to the in game methods, every free company is also given a Lodestone page with a forum from which they can communicate together outside of the game, or with other players on the Lodestone.
- Restriction: A Free Company may only have up to 15 ranks.
All players who join or form a Free Company are given a rank. The initial ranks upon forming a Free Company are Master, Officer and Member. The Master of the Free Company or a rank with appropriate permissions may create more ranks as well as change the permissions for each one. New members are automatically assigned to the rank of Member. This can not be changed, and will always represent the 'starter' rank for new members and can be renamed accordingly.
- Restriction: A Free Company rank name may only have up to 15 characters.
Although the three initial ranks come named players with the proper permissions may rename any of the existing ranks at any time, as well as choose names for newly created ranks.
- Restriction: The Master rank can not be moved position in the rank hierarchy.
Players with proper permissions may change the hierarchy(order) of the ranks within the Free Company. The ranks are displayed top to bottom and although each rank has independent permissions they the order they are displayed implies a higher rank then one another and are numbered 1 to x(15) starting with the master.
The permissions that may be assigned to any rank, other than Master who always has full control are, are divided into two main categories Basic Settings and Chest Access.
- Authorization Settings
- Profile Settings
- Rank Settings
- Crest Settings
- Member Settings
- Sending Company Invites
- Discharging Members
- Promoting Members
- Approving Members
- Community Settings
- Editing Company Board
- Creating Short Messages
- Action Settings
- Using Company Credits
- Executing Actions
- Discarding Actions
Here you will be able to set which main slot inside your Company Chest can be accessed by any given rank. In addition this is where you would control rank access to Company Chest stored Crystals and Gil.
Free Company Chest
Chest LocationsOIC Adminitrator and in the Market Area of each of the City-States.
- Steps of Nald - Hall of Flames (8,9)
- Steps of Thal - Sapphire Avenue Exchange (13,10)
- New Gridania - Adders' Nest (9,11)
- Old Gridania - (outside) Shaded Bowyer (12, 9)
- Limsa Lominsa
- Upper Limsa - Maelstrom Command (13,12)
- Lower Limsa - Hawkerd' Round (7,12)
All players of any rank will be able to see what is inside each container. However only players with the appropriate rank permissions will be able to remove or add items to a specified container.
- Individual players can purchase private chambers in their free company estate for 300,000 gil.
- Players must first attain level 50 with at least one class and have attained the rank of second lieutenant in a grand company.
- All estates are allowed up to 512 private chambers.
- Players can place up to 50 furnishings in private chambers, with the ability to choose from among all furnishings available in the estate.
- The size of private chambers is the same regardless of estate size.
- Placing a furnishing in private chambers will bind it to you, preventing future trade or sale to other players. Moreover, certain furnishings cannot be retrieved once placed, and will be permanently discarded upon removal.
- Certain furnishings including vendor NPCs and crafting facilities can only be used by the private chamber's owner.
- Players must be on free company property in order to vacate their private chambers. Moreover, private chambers must be vacated in order to leave a free company.
- Gil used to purchase private chambers will not be refunded.
- All furnishings must be removed before vacating private chambers.
Company Credits are earned by players within a Free Company and are used to increase the Company Rank as well as a form of currency spent at the Grand Company the Free Company is affiliated with. There are no prompts for when credits are earned, but they can be earned through the following methods;
- Inviting New Members
- Crafting anything High Quality
- Gathering anything High Quality
- Completing FATEs
- Completing Duties
- Completing Quests
- Earning Achievements
There are eight company ranks each with a corresponding Entitlement rewarded to the Free Company.
- Rank 1 - Automatic
- Company Chest - Unlocks the company chest.
- Rank 2 ~ 2875 Credits
- Crest Customization - Allows customization of a company crest.
- Rank 3
- Chest Expansion - Grants more storage in the company chest.
- Rank 4
- Gear Customization - Allows addition of the company crest to gear.
- Rank 5 ~ 60,000 Credits
- Company Actions - Allows access to company actions.
- Rank 6
- Land Acquisition - Allows for purchase of land in Mist, The Goblet, or Lavender Beds
- Rank 7
- Crest Expansion - Allows for further customization of the company crest.
- Rank 8
- Action Expansion - Allows for access to level II company actions.
Free Company Actions