- Elde once again passes you the menial task of delivering her contribution to the Mercantile Guild to Elaisse. However, she also asks that you broach the subject of a letter of introduction to the nobility, to sell a new line of luxury goods. Once again make your way up the Jeweled Crozier, and deliver the pouch to the fledgling guild's leader.
- Jingling pouch in hand, Elaisse thanks you profusely for the business you and Elde have brought to the Crozier. When asked for an introduction, however, the merchant instead directs you to Gerhardt. Speak with your main competitor further up the street.
- Much to your surprise, Gerhardt now wishes to hitch himself to Elde's rising star. He will happily give you an introduction to the nobles he knows─but only for a price. It just so happens that the elderly merchant is quite the devotee of Aubrenard, and thus is pining for an original ode by the bard. Return to Elde with these startling tidings.
- Elde believes Gerhardt's change of heart is an opportunity to turn a bitter rival into a staunch ally. And, in a stroke of luck, she has yet to give Aubrenard his payment for his prior services. Thus, she bids you take a coin-stuffed pouch to the bard in the Brume, and there ask for him to pen an ode for Gerhardt.
- You find Aubrenard playing to his smallest fans. However, he is confused when you hand him the coin-stuffed pouch, for he had already received payment. He soon realizes that Elde is in fact giving him a donation for the poor of the Brume, and, touched by her kindness, agrees to write the poem for Gerhardt. Return to Elde with the resulting work, The Merchant of Ishgard.
- Elde accepts the poem, and says she will take it to Gerhardt herself. However, she has yet another request to make of you─a sample of your finest leatherwork, to impress the noble that Gerhardt introduces. As such, Elde asks you to fashion a high-quality dragonskin choker.
- Elde is once again very complimentary of your work. Gerhardt arrives, and pledges both his support and storehouses for her enterprise. With two such generous benefactors, Elde vows to continue expanding her business.
※The next leatherworker quest will be available from Elde upon reaching level 60.