- Having apparently had her fill of the hustle and bustle of the town square, Alisaie declares her intention to retire inside to await the return of her brother and the others. Join her in the Rising Stones.
- Shortly after Alphinaud's arrival, a meeting is convened to discuss the outcome of the council. Hoping to convince the Griffin to abandon his course before war engulfs the realm, it is decided that Papalymo, Yda, Thancred, and Yugiri will brave the secret tunnels beneath Baelsar's Wall, and endeavor to confront the Resistance leader directly. You, meanwhile, are to stand ready in the Black Shroud for whatever eventuality may arise. Notify Alphinaud when you have made the necessary preparations.
- Alphinaud urges you to conclude any business you have in Revenant's Toll, and meet him at the Hawthorne Hut in the East Shroud.
- Outside the Hawthorne Hut, you bid the infiltration team good fortune on their mission. After they depart, Alphinaud mentions that Amarissaix's Spire offers a clear view of the Wall, and suggests that you speak with the Alliance commanders who have gathered atop the lookout platform. Identify yourself to the serpent scout at the foot of the tower.
- It would seem that fighting has broken out on Baelsar's Wall. Scouts report that the Griffin has begun his assault, his soldiers apparently clad in Grand Company uniforms... Plainly, the Resistance leader will stop at nothing to drag the Alliance into his conflict. To make matters worse, your fellow Scions are headed into the eye of this storm, wholly unaware of what awaits them on the surface... Despite the danger, Alphinaud resolves to plunge into the thick of the battle in an attempt to save the day. You have little choice but to join your young friend at the approach to the Wall.
- Alphinaud outlines a simple plan wherein he will pursue the infiltration team through the tunnels while you scale the fortifications with a party of your most trusted comrades. You must reach the top of the Wall and force the Griffin to withdraw before the unthinkable happens!
- ※Baelsar's Wall can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have overpowered the Griffin. See events to their conclusion before making your escape from the top of the Wall.
- Beneath the mask, the Griffin is revealed to be none other than Ilberd, the disgraced captain of the Crystal Braves. Following his “defeat,” the Resistance leader enacts his true plan─a ritual to summon a nightmarish primal empowered by Ala Mhigan desperation and the might of Nidhogg's eyes. Fearing a disaster to rival the Calamity itself, Papalymo steps forward with Tupsimati, and grimly begins to weave a forbidden magick of confinement... You barely have time to escape on Hilda's airship before the incantation swallows Papalymo and encases the newborn entity in a vast cocoon of light.
- Stunned by the unexpected summoning and the loss of her dearest friend, Yda's irrepressible spirit seems to have been broken at last. Offer her what comfort you may.
- You attempt to speak with Yda, but there seems to be nothing you can say that will pierce the shroud of her grief. Thancred offers to watch over her whilst you and the others return to the Rising Stones with the tidings of Papalymo's demise.