- As part of your continuing lessons, Fugetsu has decided that you will accept a commission from one of Kokajiya's clients. Head to Tenkonto and speak with the samurai Gyosei.
- You meet with Gyosei, and he explains that he requires a helm for participation in a tournament known as the gozen-jiai. Blanstyr proposes a friendly contest where you both craft a piece, and have the client decide which he likes best. Return to Kokajiya, and discuss the subject of supplies with Unryu.
- Before you begin forging, Unryu suggests that you first ask the advice of those with more intimate knowledge of the gozen-jiai. He sends you to speak with the same Sekiseigumi blade you consulted once before, as well as a stallkeeper in the Rakuza District.
- After speaking with the blade and the stallkeeper, you learn that a simple somen─a faceplate which protects the head from brow to jaw─is considered the most appropriate headgear for the tournament. Head back to Unryu, and make a request for materials.
- Unryu hands over the supplies you need. Deliver your finished work to Fugetsu when the somen is complete.
※In the event that synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Unryu.
- You deliver your work to Fugetsu, and the master puts it on display next to Blanstyr's piece. Much to Blanstyr's surprise, however, Gyosei chooses your simple somen over your fellow apprentice's elaborate kabuto. Fugetsu chides Blanstyr for prioritizing a selfish desire to express originality over meeting the client's practical requirements, and the veteran artisan admits his fault. Continue your lessons alongside the repentant Blanstyr, and work towards perfecting the arts you have learned in Kokajiya.
※The next armorer quest will be available from Blanstyr upon reaching level 70.