- While the lieutenant has no other information to offer you about Erart, he knows someone who can─Guntmar of the Resistance, who is quite knowledgeable of any and all happenings in the Peaks.
- For a blessing, Guntmar not only knows Erart, but also the unit to which he has been assigned. He goes on to tell you that, at this very moment, they are making their way to Ala Mhigo. He suggests you make haste to Castrum Abania if you wish to catch up with them.
- You finally track down the captain of Erart's unit. When you mention his name, the captain dithers about what to say next. You sincerely /doubt he has any reason to hesitate.
- The captain eventually relents and tells you all. Erart assumed the identity of a wealthy Ala Mhigan merchant's son in order to infiltrate the Garleans' army. After a recent clash with the Allied forces, however, they lost contact with him. Assuming the worst, the captain was prepared to deliver a letter to his mother, penned by Erart in the event of his death. Having come so far for answers, the captain feels it appropriate that you take the letter to Berehta.
- You deliver the letter to Berehta, explaining to her what became of Erart. Too overwhelmed by grief to even open the letter, she begs you a moment to regain her composure.