- Conceding that little can be done to thwart Leviathan's plans so long as he remains in the open sea, Merlwyb bids you join her in Limsa Lominsa to assess the available options. As always, speak with the guardsman Zanthael in Bulwark Hall to be admitted to the command room.
- Before a hushed audience, Merlwyb recounts the tale of Halfstone, a hamlet obliterated by a tidal wave of Leviathan's making. The need for action is plain, but it soon becomes clear that neither the Admiral nor your fellow Scions know of any means to vie with the Lord of the Whorl upon the open sea. It is then that Storm Marshal Eynzahr steps forward with a most unorthodox proposal: to use the power of corrupted crystals, borne upon an improvised twin vessel, to rob Leviathan of his command over the element of water. Being the best─and only─plan available, all involved swiftly agree to support the endeavor, yet you cannot help but wonder at its ambition. Perhaps it would be useful to ask Yugiri for her opinion on the matter.
- The Maelstrom has caught wind of a man who claims to have felled the mighty Leviathan. Though it seems unlikely that there is any truth to this rumor, thoroughness demands that you determine its authenticity. Make your way to the Grey Fleet in lower La Noscea, and seek out the fellow in question.
- You arrive at the Grey Fleet to find your old friend Trachtoum being his usual blustering self. Though it is immediately clear that your time has indeed been wasted, you cannot help but feel a sense of relief. After all, had the fanciful claims come from a more artful liar's lips, it might have taken you days to disprove them. No sooner have you had this thought than Minfilia contacts you via linkpearl with news that the twin vessel is ready. Proceed to the Moraby Drydocks and report to Eynzahr.
- Eynzahr confirms that the moment of truth is at hand. You need but signal your readiness and the Whorleater will bear you forth to your meeting with Leviathan. Brace yourself, for this voyage shall take you through the heart of the maelstrom.