- It seems that Notched Bone and Dedean have not eaten in quite some time and they are understandably very hungry. What is less understandable is their refusal to eat the food they have been provisioned with by the goblins. They are under the impression that it is poisoned and are completely unreceptive to suggestions to the contrary. Notched Bone asks you to slay a crawler and harvest its flesh such that he and Dedean may eat. Raw crawler flesh is inedible, but it should be fine if cooked thoroughly. Notched Bone asks that after harvesting the crawler meat, you roast it at the goblin bonfire in the Answering Quarter. Feed these stubborn two now, and deal with their prejudices later.
- You slay a crawler and gather a good, large slice of its flesh. Even someone on the brink of starvation would not eat this meat raw. Roast the slice of crawler flesh at the bonfire in the Answering Quarter.
- You find the bonfire Notched Bone described and slowly roast the crawler flesh, thoroughly cooking it all the way through. Deliver the roasted crawler flesh to Notched Bone and Dedean back at Idyllshire.
- You deliver the crawler meat to Notched Bone and Dedean. Now that they have something to sate their empty stomachs, they hand you the jerked water buffalo meat that the goblins supplied them with. They ask you to return it to the goblin who gave it to them─the coalshifter goblin near the bonfire over which you cooked the crawler flesh.
- You return the jerked water buffalo to the coalshifter goblin, explaining that the two refugees have secured an alternate source of sustenance in the crawlers that roam the hinterlands. Upon hearing this, the goblin becomes very concerned. No matter how it is prepared, crawler flesh is inedible and can cause severe stomach pains in goblins. He doubts that Lalafell or Roegadyn will fare any better from eating it. He provides you with some gobbietea, which should help to alleviate any stomach problems the two refugees might suffer, and requests that you return to the two and check on their well-being.
- It seems that the coalshifter goblin's concerns were well founded. You find Notched Bone and Dedean racked with terrible stomach pains. Administer the gobbietea. It should ameliorate the symptoms they are suffering.
- The gobbietea starts to take effect immediately. Though they are still in pain, Notched Bone's and Dedean's conditions seem to be improving rapidly. Speak with Notched Bone and explain that the medicine that cured him was provided by the same goblin that gave him the jerked water buffalo meat that he refused to eat.
- Notched Bone is shocked to learn that the medicine came from a goblin. He is still somewhat skeptical about the goblins' motivations, explaining that in all their time as refugees, he and Dedean have only ever experienced kindness as part of a plan to cheat them. It was just such a ploy that lead them to be tricked into debt in Ul'dah, forcing them to leave the nation and find a new home.