- Greinfarr regrets the mistakes of his past. To make amends, he resolves to find Heartstrike, and to do so by first calling upon Ul'dah's shopkeeps to learn whatever he might. Travel to Erralig's Burial Chamber and there speak with Greinfarr about his plan.
- After conferring with Greinfarr, you have determined what shops you will each call upon. For your part, seek out Marcel at Eshtaime's Aesthetics.
- Marcel informs you that he sold Heartstrike to a merchant by the name of Ansobert. While speaking with Marcel, you receive word from F'lhaminn. It seems that something has happened to Greinfarr. Go and speak with F'lhaminn at Frondale's Phrontistery.
- Greinfarr was attacked by an unknown assailant, and tells you he left the perpetrator with a wounded hand. After consulting with Popokkuli about how best to analyze the blood left behind at the scene, he advises you to speak with Severian at the Alchemists' Guild.
- Severian tells you of a chemical capable isolating certain trace elements present in a blood sample and inciting in them a luminescent reaction. Using a set of luminol ingredients as a base, synthesize a bottle of luminol and deliver it to Popokkuli at the Steps of Thal.
※In the event that synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Severian.
- You delivered the bottle of luminol to Popokkuli. Follow the bloodstains along the roadside, and then travel to Sapphire Avenue Exchange to speak with Popokkuli once more.
- The apothecary Rarakiya tells you of a customer who recently purchased a salve for an open wound on his hand. Follow after Popokkuli, who set off in the direction of the Gate of Thal.
- Together with Popokkuli, you track the perpetrator of the attack on Greinfarr and arrive at a letted warehouse. There you learn that the warehouse is in the use of the same merchant who purchased Heartstrike from Eshtaime's Aesthetics─Ansobert.
※The next alchemist quest will be available from Popokkuli at the Sapphire Avenue Exchange upon reaching level 70.