- Having forged a stronger link with the core, Ryne has come to understand the true nature of Eden's power. When the Flood of Light engulfed the greater part of the world's surface, the ambient aether was forced into a dormant state, which inevitably led to the destruction of all life in the Empty. She also claims that Eden itself is able to reverse the damage it has caused, though Urianger is quick to point out that such a feat requires a measured and careful approach. Luckily, he has already begun to piece together a plan to awaken the elements of the Empty, one which he wishes to share with Thancred.
- Thancred, having heard the details surrounding Ryne's earlier discovery, is keen for Urianger to reveal his newly formulated plan. The Archon hopes to use Eden's power to draw out aether of a specific element from a site where it was once prevalent, containing it within a deiform entity, using a method similar to summoning. By defeating the creature called forth, a large amount of correctly aligned aether will be returned to the land, and spread quickly throughout the Empty via aetherial currents. The first element that Urianger seeks to awaken is water, the source of all life, and prepares to lead an expedition to a yawning chasm that at one time held a vast ocean.
- Eden, as directed by Ryne, extracts huge quantities of water-aspected aether while you call upon your memories of Leviathan. The summoning appears to have worked exactly as planned, although the beast himself has yet to appear. Ryne prepares to teleport you and your fellow adventurers to the ravine below, where a fateful encounter with a foe of your own making awaits.
※Eden's Gate: Inundation can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- After a hard-fought battle, you triumph over the living embodiment of water, returning the awakened aether to the Empty. Back in Eden's core, Ryne and Urianger are waiting to congratulate you and share news on whether your efforts have produced the desired results.
- Ryne is amazed that primals such as Leviathan could exist on the Source, and as Urianger is explaining the differences between the two types of summoning, Thancred contacts you, requesting that you return to the base camp immediately. You are greeted upon your arrival by the sight of an enormous lake that suddenly appeared following your victory, proving that Urianger's theories were indeed correct and that your efforts were not in vain.