- Skaetswys has deduced that the kidnapper fled with the abducted Bi Bi by means of an airship. She suggests that you inquire with Commander Bloeidin at Camp Overlook regarding any suspicious vessels seen in the sky.
- Commander Bloeidin informs you that, indeed, one of his sentries spotted an unfamiliar vessel heading east across the Strait of Merlthor in the direction of Aldenard. He also mentions that the wounded Sylvie rests in one of his tents, but has been refusing all visitors. Pay her a visit and inquire as to her well-being.
- From within the tent in which she rests, Sylvie earnestly implores you to track down the villainous Ebon Claw in her stead. Surmising that his next target will be the Ixal, she urges you to hurry to Ehcatl and offer your aid to Chief Sezul Totoloc.
- Your reunion with Chief Totoloc and the young engineer Tataramu is interrupted by a dropper from the Ehcatl Nine, who speaks in panicked tones of a sudden attack on the Ehcatl logging grounds perpetrated by a rogue airship. Though the Ixal succeeded in driving off the enemy, it would appear some foul deed or another has already been done. Upon hearing your explanation, all present are in consensus that the beastman abductor you pursue is responsible. Tataramu bids you to travel to the scene of the attack near Hyrstmill and search for any remnants of the damaged vessel.
- You succeed in finding a damaged fragment of the rogue airship in the vicinity of Hyrstmill. Deliver it to Tataramu's hands, that he might be able to identify the vessel and deduce something of its most likely destination.
- Taking the hull fragment into hand, Tataramu uses his encyclopedic knowledge of airship minutiae to identify its markings as belonging to a rare Garlond Ironworks Model 1569-II. As precious few of these ships were manufactured, he is certain that an inquiry with Highwind Skyways will swiftly turn up the rogue vessel's current owner. At long last, will the mastermind behind the beastman abductions be revealed...?