- Hilda hands you a letter from Rostnsthal. The note informs you that the bandit leader's firearm is of Limsa Lominsan construction, and bids you travel to the maritime city to help investigate how the strictly regulated weapon ended up in the thief's hands. Make your way to the Aetheryte Plaza in Limsa Lominsa, and seek out your fellow instructor.
- Rostnsthal has narrowed down the potential suppliers to a single merchant─the very same trader who escaped the Hounds back in Boulder Downs. Find the black marketeer at the Anchor Yard, and aid Rostnsthal and Hilda with the interrogation.
- After a healthy dose of intimidation from Rostnsthal, the merchant reveals the existence of a hidden bandit camp at Providence Point. Travel to the Coerthas central highlands, and track down the bandit leader.
- You have located the bandit leader and defeated his beastly protectors. It is time to wring the full story from the cornered fugitive...
- After interrogating the bandit leader and learning the details of the theft, you become aware that the events leading to Hrunting's reclamation may have been deliberately orchestrated. Return to Ishgard, and raise your concerns with Ser Muscadain at the Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly.
- Initially bemused by Hilda's unexpected visit, Ser Muscadain is nevertheless persuaded to release Hrunting to the manufactory for a more thorough examination. Her mission successful, Hilda bids you follow her back to the Brume.
- Though somewhat surprised by Ser Muscadain's accommodating attitude, Hilda seems pleased to know that Lord Stephanivien will be examining the blade. You have naught to do now but await the chief machinist's report, and prepare to act against the true instigator of this crime...
- ※The next machinist quest will be available from Hilda upon reaching level 70.