- Tataramu has asked you to approach Gerolt with the task of forging the Dezul Qualan's unique steering mechanism. Take the helm component materials, and speak with the master weaponsmith at Hyrstmill.
- You attempt to speak with Gerolt, but the groaning artisan seems aggressively disinclined to hear your request. Present the component materials to Drake, Gerolt's sympathetic apprentice, and explain the task you have in mind.
- After listening to your request, Drake contrives a plan to help you ensnare his suffering master's attention. Craft four high-quality helm components from the materials returned to you by the apprentice, and then shove your inspiring handiwork right under Gerolt's nose. ※In the event that the status Facility Access: Production wears off or the synthesis ends in failure, you may try again by speaking with Drake.
- You present your helm components to Gerolt. Impressed and intrigued by the quality of your work, the master weaponsmith rouses himself from his slump and promises to forge the remainder of the steering mechanism. Return to Ehcatl and report to Tataramu.
- You return to Ehcatl and report your success to Tataramu, who is overjoyed with Gerolt's involvement in the project. The young man's joy is cut short, however, when his father, the chairman of Highwind Skyways, arrives with a squad of sellswords to drag him away from the Ixali camp. Speak with Sezul and learn the Ixal's thoughts.
- Chief Totoloc is enraged at Tatabaru's treatment of his own son, and resigned to postponing the final stages of the Dezul Qualan's construction. With the loss of their talented designer, it seems the Ehcatl Nine's ambitions must remain indefinitely grounded...