- After convincing the Ferae Domitae to withdraw, you and Alphinaud rejoin the main host outside the gates, and the assault begins in earnest. All proceeds as planned until a unit of airborne magitek armor launches a counterattack, throwing the Allied forces into chaos... Moments later, however, your Far Eastern allies, led by Lord Hien, swoop in to the rescue, engage the imperial flying machines, and leave the Alliance free to resume their attack. The gate buckles under the renewed assault, and soon gives way.
- Now begins the battle for the future of a nation. Together with the brave men and women of the Eorzean Alliance and the Resistance, you and your fellow adventurers must enter the city and make for the castle where Zenos yae Galvus resides, and put an end to his reign of terror.
- ※Ala Mhigo can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Twice before, you faced Zenos yae Galvus, and twice before he beat you. But the third time proves different. The viceroy falters and withdraws, and subsequently erupts into maniacal laughter. At long last, you are become the beast he has longed to face, and so he bids you join him at the top of the Royal Palace, where the gods may bear witness to your dance.
- In the Royal Menagerie, you are greeted by a terrible sight: Shinryu, Ilberd's draconic god of vengeance, at the mercy of the viceroy. Zenos fawns over the primal, which he proclaims a being of pure violence, and muses upon how instrumental you were in its creation and capture. You regard him silently as he proceeds to mock his great-grandfather's legacy, while hinting at his own dark ambitions, biding your time to strike. At last, he declares that all he has done, he did but for the joy of doing it, and that only man has the wisdom and the clarity to embrace violence for its own sake...as you have.
- His manifesto thus delivered, Zenos frees Shinryu from its restraints and cries out defiantly as it bathes you both in dragon fire. Unscathed, your foe rises into the air and uses his power as a Resonant to merge with the primal, binding it to his will. As he towers over you, transformed, he glimpses Ilberd's final moments, and declares this to be “an ending to mark a new beginning,” before taking to the air. Nor is he mistaken. For if you and your comrades─those stalwart yet humble adventurers who have stood by you from first to last─do not stop Zenos yae Galvus...no one will.
- ※The Royal Menagerie can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- One day the world may be consumed by fire and blood, and all that you hold dear be forever lost. But not this day. Zenos yae Galvus, Legatus of the XIIth Legion, imperial viceroy of Ala Mhigo, has fallen.
- Alphinaud and Lyse join you in the Royal Menagerie as Zenos, returned to his former form, struggles to his feet, coughing blood. To their astonishment, he is filled with a joy he has never known, for he has experienced a moment unlike any other: clear and pure and real. He brings the blade to his neck and smiles the smile of a man at peace, and before Lyse can intervene, the deed is done. Zenos yae Galvus is dead.
- Soon after, Raubahn, Hien, and others arrive, expecting a fight and are relieved to find there is none. Though Lyse is initially reluctant to celebrate, Hien urges her to raise a cheer for all those who fought for freedom. And so you, together with your many comrades and the leaders of the Eorzean Alliance and the Resistance, gather at the castle's ramparts, and as the horns spread word of the viceroy's death, the people of Ala Mhigo raise their voices in song...
- Lyse is unsure how to feel in the wake of Ala Mhigo's liberation. However, she knows that she does not want to keep you all to herself, and so she urges you to seek out your comrades, as they doubtless have much they wish to say.
- None can predict what the future holds now that Zenos is dead and Ala Mhigo and Doma are free. But your comrades are hopeful of a better tomorrow, and are prepared to do their utmost to ensure it comes to pass.
- Lyse remains where you left her, still quiet and thoughtful. Upon hearing you have made your rounds, she asks you to return with her to Rhalgr's Reach, along with the other Scions of the Seventh Dawn. Clearly, something weighs on her mind, but what?
- In Rhalgr's Reach, before your gathered comrades, Lyse declares her intention to formally leave the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. The work to rebuild Ala Mhigo has only just begun, and she believes she cannot serve her homeland and the order both. Yet even if this marks the end of her tenure, you are still comrades, now and ever after─and Y'shtola is not about to let her forget it. Overcome with emotion, Lyse's eyes begin to water, and you come together to embrace as Scions one final time...