- Lord Haurchefant has bid you speak with the witness he discovered. The man in question should be waiting outside.
- The cataloger states that he saw the Enterprise land somewhere far northwest of the Observatorium five years ago. Though he cannot provide a more accurate location at the moment, he is confident tha, with the right astroscope log, he could calculate one. To that end, he asks that you bring to him volume six of the 1572 readings-- a large red leather-bound tome, which should be stored on the uppermost floor of the Observatorium.
- Much to your surprise, you quickly locate and retrieve the correct volume. Return to the cataloger and present to him the tome.
- The cataloger quickly concludes that the airship landed somewhere near the Stone Vigil, which means that it was almost certainly seized by the garrison which occupied it at the time. Report your findings to Lord Haurchefant and see what advice he proffers.
- Lord Haurchefant explains that the Stone Vigil is currently held by Dravanian forces, and that all access to the ruined outpost is restricted by House Durendaire. To help you obtain permission to enter the Stone Vigil, he writes for you a letter of introduction to Lord Drillemont of Whitebrim Front. However, he suspects that his endorsement alone will not sufice, and he advises you to ask Lord Francel to write a letter for you as well.
- Lord Francel is happy to oblige your request. Before you depart, he reminds you that the cravens who attempted to destroy Hosue Haillenarte have yet to be revealed, and that they may target you in the future in retaliation for your interference. Duly warned, proceed to Whitebrim Front and present your letters to the sentry at the gates.
- The surly sentry's demeanor quickly changes when he recognizes the seals on the letters you bear. Nevertheless, he seems reluctant to simply wave you inside...