- Hilda informs you that the watch has been tasked with standing guard at the Temple Knight's forthcoming investiture ceremony. She is to attend a meeting to discuss this duty, and admits that your presence may be needed to temper her less-than-civil impulses towards a certain highborn knight. Make your way to the Congregation of our Knights Most Heavenly, and speak with Ser Muscadain.
- Your conference with Ser Muscadain is interrupted by alarming news. It would seem that Hrunting─the sacred blade used for the investiture ceremony─has been stolen from the Temple Knights' treasury. Hilda offers the services of the watch to recover the sword, and the beleaguered Ser Muscadain grudgingly accepts. Begin the investigation by speaking to the treasury guard captain at the Hoplon.
- Upon meeting with the guard captain, he hands you the remnants of a bullet found wedged into one of the treasury door's destroyed locks. Hilda wonders at the firearm used, and her comment triggers an outburst from a nearby noblewoman. According to the noblewoman's frantic ramblings, a firearm-wielding bandit has recently begun terrorizing the western highlands. While Hilda heads out to confirm this rumor, she asks that you visit the Skysteel Manufactory and see what Stephanivien can make of the deformed bullet.
- Stephanivien examines the compressed scrap of metal, but is unable to identify its origin. Make your way into the western highlands, and look for Hilda in the vicinity of Hemlock.
- You locate Hilda just in time to help her fend off a pack of vicious beasts. She may be interested to see the leather collar you discovered on the neck of one of the curs...
- Hilda examines the collar, and mentions that the area appears to show other signs of habitation aside from the guard beasts. Perhaps the noble woman's tale held some truth after all... Return to Ishgard and rejoin Hilda back in the Brume.
- You relay Stephanivien's apologies for failing to identify the bullet, and Hilda resigns herself to searching Hemlock once more for hints on the mystery bandit. Could this terror of the western highlands be the same thief who broke into the Temple Knights' treasury? The watch leader bids you return in due time and resume the hunt for Hruntings' thief.
- ※The next machinist quest will be available from Hilda upon reaching level 65.