- Appointing you her personal envoy, Merlwyb bids you deliver a missive to the other two leaders of the Eorzean Alliance. In order to facilitate your journey, she bestows upon you an airship pass, which will allow you to travel by air between the three allied nations. Before making your way to the airship landing, be sure to quiz Baderon as to what awaits beyond the Strait of Merlthor.
- In addition to Limsa Lominsa, the Eorzean Alliance encompasses the city-states of Gridania and Ul'dah. Once you have made your final preparations for the journey, take the Crow's Lift to the airship landing and speak with L'nophlo at the entrance lobby.
- You are now ready to embark upon the first leg of your journey, which will take you to Gridania. Make your way to the landing area and await departure.
- Having safely arrived in Gridania, you must now seek audience with the Elder Seedseer. Speak with the Serpent honor guard to receive assistance.
- The Elder Seedseer awaits you at the Lotus Stand. Make your way to Nophica's Altar within Old Gridania, and present Merlwyb's missive to the silent conjurer to be admitted.
- The Elder Seedseer, Kan-E-Senna, is receptive to the proposal detailed in her counterpart's missive. It appears the Garlean Empire remains a grave threat to Eorzea, with the XIVth Imperial Legion, led by Legatus Gaius van Baelsar, deeply entrenched in the frontier regions. Your mission in Gridania now complete, make your way to the airship landing and speak with Lionnellais.
- You are now ready to embark upon the second leg of your journey, which will take you to Ul'dah. Make your way to the landing area and await departure.
- Having safely arrived in Ul'dah, you must now seek audience with the Flame General. Speak with the Flame honor guard to receive assistance.
- The Flame General awaits you at the Royal Promenade. Present Merlwyb's missive to Bartholomew on the Hustings Strip to be admitted.
- Having now met the leaders of both Gridania and Ul'dah, you have discharged your duty as the Admiral's envoy, and learned of the various threats to Eorzea in the process. Amidst this period of turmoil, what meaningful contribution can a lone adventurer make to the realm? Perhaps the answer will be revealed to you in the course of your journeys to come.