- Hilda informs you that Stephanivien has completed his examination of Hrunting. Make your way to the manufactory and learn what the chief machinist has discovered.
- Stephanivien reveals that the hilt of the sacred blade was altered to conceal a small training bomb. While lacking in lethality, the explosion would be sufficient to disrupt the ceremony and cast doubt upon Ser Aymeric's authority as well as the Hounds' competence. The chief machinist also mentions the circulation of nasty rumors, whose purpose appears to be to discredit the watch and thereby cripple the initiative to arm Ishgard's commoners.
- Seeking to make the most of this opportunity, Muscadain proposes a plan to catch the culprits red-handed. Return to the Brume, and discuss your part in this operation with Hilda.
- Hilda outlines the strategy, and you join Stephanivien and the others at Saint Valeroyant's Forum. After a tense few moments, the chief machinist's device locates a signal in the Brume, and you set off to confront the instigators of this underhanded plot.
- You discover a noblewoman holding the detonator, but she and her allies prove reluctant to yield to the Hounds' authority. Battle is joined, and with Ser Muscaidain's support, you eventually triumph over Baroness Melisie.
- The successful conclusion to the operation appears to have nurtured a measure of mutual respect between Hilda and Ser Muscadain. The Temple Knight's farwell, however, comes with an unexpected revelation: it would seem the two are brother and sister. Having acknowledged her sibling, and the part Stephanivien played in her maturation, Hilda is eager to return to the Brume once more.
- Rostnsthal deems the Hounds capable of carrying out their duties without further instruction, and takes his leave of Ishgard. Hilda thanks you for all you have done, her confidence leaving no doubt in your mind that the watch will earn even greater accolades in the days to come.