- Satisfied that all possible precautions have been taken, Hien declares that it is time to proceed with the prisoner exchange. Meet with your Confederate allies on the bank of the One River.
- Determined to bring the conscripts home come what may, Hien goes through the contingency plan one last time. Roles confirmed, your party boards the Confederate ship, and you cast off for the imposing structure across the water...
- ※In the event that you leave Castrum Fluminis, you may re-enter by speaking with the Confederate skipper in the Glittering Basin in Yanxia.
- At Castrum Fluminis, you meet with the Populares delegation, and as Hien and Asahi set about trading pleasantries, you wonder for a moment if your apprehension was unwarranted...only for Yotsuyu to appear. Declaring her intent to rule over Doma once more, she holds aloft a Kojin relic, and begins to draw upon crystals hidden within the surrounding supply crates, transforming at last into the primal Tsukuyomi.
- With no hope of besting such a foe, Hien ruefully turns his attention to evacuating the Doman conscripts, leaving you to face Yotsuyu's vengeful avatar alone. Put Tsuyu from your mind, and strike true, for if you hesitate, Doma may never again see the light of day.
- ※Castrum Fluminis can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Yotsuyu lies humbled at your feet, bereft of her celestial majesty. Rejoin your companions and discuss what is to be done with her.
- Before you have even registered his presence, Asahi appears behind your defeated foe and shoots her in cold blood, seemingly bent on finishing what you began. His triumph is short-lived, however, as Yotsuyu summons the last of her strength to run her hated stepbrother through. While the youth lies dying, you are treated to a vision of an encounter with Zenos, and are disturbed to see the “late” crown prince injured but very much alive.
- Even as you ponder how to break the news of this troubling development, Maxima hails Lord Hien from afar, and for a moment it seems that the battle is not over. But to the relief of all present, it soon becomes clear that he has come to trade words and not blows. In the ensuing exchange, the acting ambassador declares his intention to honor the original agreement between Doma and the Empire, while confirming your worst fears: Zenos is alive. Suspecting Ascian involvement, Alphinaud offers to accompany Maxima back to Garlemald, and he duly accepts. And so you bid them farewell, your relief at salvaging a chance for peace tempered by a sense of deep foreboding...
- Though Hien expected treachery, he is nevertheless stunned that Asahi would resort to summoning. After thanking you for delivering Doma from the wrath of Yotsuyu's avenging primal, he makes for the sekibune, eager to escort the conscripts across the river and into the arms of their long-lost loved ones.
- Upon your return to the enclave, thoughts of Zenos's resurrection and untold Ascian devilment are briefly banished by scenes of joyous reunion. You are further distracted by the appearance of a shaven-headed Gosetsu, apparently resolved to devote his remaining days to pilgrimage. And just like that, you find yourself bidding farewell to yet another companion. Feeling somewhat bereft, you turn to see Hien standing before the Kienkan, staring into the distance after his departed friend...
- Hien bids you join him in his hall, that he might express his gratitude with all due ceremony.
- In time-honored fashion, you stand before Doma's young lord and smile as he thanks you with a bow on behalf of his people. Then, formalities observed, his manner softens, and he proceeds to share his thoughts on how Gosetsu came to show the broken Yotsuyu such kindness. Though the old samurai is forever changed and Tsuyu now no more than a memory, Hien concludes that their time together, however brief, offered a priceless respite from the bitterness of life.