- After Sayer has finished boasting about how wonderful his plan is, he proceeds to recite the famed work song that helped him stay strong while working. Sayer tells you to protect him while he investigates the site where he hopes to find the precious stone mentioned in the lyrics. Realizing there is no room to deny his pseudo-request, you prepare to set off for the Ziggurat.
- Rendezvousing with Sayer, you learn that the area around the Ziggurat is home to a number of Qiqirn bandits. You ready your weapon and go on the hunt for any that may be lying in wait for you out of sight.
- Having made quick work of all the bandits you can find, you decide it is safe to head back to Sayer. He thanks you for your efforts and quickly sets about getting to work himself.
- Sayer soon unearths a small piece of ore which he believes may prove to be of value. The keen quarrier then hurries back to Ala Gannha, saying he will start examining the ore as soon as he is returned. You too decide to follow suit and embark on the journey back to the village.
- Upon your return you are greeted by Sayer who remarks that the ore was but a worthless crystal fragment. Embarrassed by his mistake, he reflects that part of the song had already warned of such a trap. Just as Swetelove hears her grandfather reciting the work song, she recalls that there was an alternate version of the tune's lyrics. Sayer is buoyed by this revelation, daring to hope once more that success may yet be within his grasp.