- Listen to Guildmaster Cocobygo's lesson taken from “The Threat of Intimacy,” the first chapter from Zozomaya's lauded guide Thaumaturgy: The Yawning Abyss.
- The passage recited by Cocobygo warns that a thaumaturge would do well to keep her enemies at a distance. To put this teaching into practice, take the dried fish given to you and set it down in the field located to the northeast of the Silver Bazaar. Its presence should lure out an unsuspecting vulture upon which you can unleash thaumaturgical devastation.
- You have placed the dried fish. Find an area from which you can comfortably view the fish and wait for a circling vulture to appear. When it does, slay the scavenger while still at range.
- You have slain the vulture. Take a slice of the vulture's breast meat to Fafafono in the nearby Silver Bazaar.
- Fafafono seems pleased by your offering of the lightly charred bird meat. Return to the Thaumaturges' Guild and report your success to Cocobygo.
- Though you have but recently learned firsthand the merits of engaging in conflicts from a distance, you are unfortunately subjected to a close-range quarrel between the guildmasters and their youngest brother, Cocobusi. It seems the infuriated sibling lacks the aptitude for thaumaturgy and resents his siblings for their refusal to accept him for training. Guildmaster Cocobuki bids you pay the incident no mind and return to your study of thaumaturgical mysteries.
※The next thaumaturge quest will be available from Cocobuki upon reaching level 10.