- You learn that the locals observe a custom involving the placement of an offering of antelope innards and flowers before a withered treat. Following Ianna's instructions, gather the umbles of four antelope does and two kedtrap petals.
- You have successfully gathered umbles and petals suitable for the offering. First, place the four umbles before the withered treant.
- Having placed the umbles, next set down the two fragrant flowers.
- The offerings placed, proceed to /kneel in deference to this once-proud guardian of the forest.
- You have paid respect to the withered treant as instructed. Return to Buscarron's Druthers and let Ianna know that the custom has been observed.
- Ianna explains that the people of her region revere the treants as forest guardians, and look to them to protect the balance of life in the Twelveswood— a task made at once more needful and more difficult by the changes set in motion during the Calamity. With the piteous image of the withered treant still fresh in your mind, however, you cannot help wondering if the ancient creatures might not require protection of their own.