- Rammbroes and G'raha have been hard at work finding a way to rescue Unei, Doga, and Nero from the World of Darkness. However, their research has revealed a more pressing problem: Emperor Xande's covenant with the voidsent known as the Cloud of Darkness remains in effect, and his orders still control the Crystal Tower. Thus, the Allagan structure continues amassing energy to open a Voidgate, and unleash the Cloud upon Eorzea. Should this come to pass, all that is will be destroyed. However, even amidst such dire circumstance, there is a sliver of hope. If NOAH can retrieve Unei and Doga from the dark realm, then the tower can be halted and the covenant broken. Garlond Ironworks has labored to make a machine able to open a small rift, through which a brave band of adventurers can enter the World of Darkness. Cid arrives to inform you the preparations are nearly complete, and bids you speak with Wedge at the Eight Sentinels.
- Wedge ushers you to the throne room of Syrcus Tower. In the moments before opening the rift, G'raha Tia falls into a strange mood, and tells you of a band of heroes in ancient Allag who sought to dethrone Xande. Ultimately, though, they did not succeed in stopping the emperor. History aside, Cid receives word that the Ironworks' machine is ready. With a devilish glint in his eye, the engineer orders the Voidgate opened. Lights flash and power hums, and before your very eyes a rift appears. Rammbroes now lays the burden of rescuing your friends from the World of Darkness upon you. As you turn to go, G'raha Tia asks for a moment of your time. Speak with him at the Eight Sentinels to discover what is on his mind.
- G'raha Tia reveals his inner struggle. Though he has learned the hue of his eye marks him as close to Allag, he does not know why. However, he feels instinctively that he must accompany you beyond the rift. You gladly accept his offer of company, and ready yourself to pass through the Voidgate to rescue your three lost comrades.
- The World of Darkness can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- After vanquishing the Cloud of Darkness, you find your lost companions safe. You discover that Unei and Doga's royal blood offers them protection from the shadowy realm, and learn of their will: The Cloud of Darkness suddenly rears up around you, harrowing you. G'raha is hit... and mysteriously unharmed. Astounded, Unei proclaims that the royal blood of Allag flows in G'raha-- though only through some tremendous technological feat. The two clones then tell the historian he can control the Crystal Tower, and bid you all hasten back to Eorzea. Concealing a deep sadness at the loss of friends, G'raha begins the race homewards. You and Nero follow.
- You have spoken with Rammbroes, who thanks you for your service to both NOAH and the realm. He concludes that the saga of the Crystal Tower is nearly finished, and that it will be but a short time before Allag's sad history may be laid to rest.