|Ravana has 2 distinct phases, during which he uses the following moves and mechanics:
||Many of Ravana's attacks can crack and/or destroy the wall sections. Players CAN fall off in this fight!
||Ravana will have one of three stance buffs up at all times:
- Parry: activated whenever he uses The Seeing Wing and lasts 5 seconds.
- Damage: increases Ravana's damage dealt. Will use Prelude to Slaughter, Slaughter, or Swift Slaughter while in this stance.
- Defensive: Appears first in Phase 2. Will fixate on whoever has second threat, casting numerous frontal cleaves onto them. Group should stand behind and healers should focus on keeping this person alive. If they die, the boss will switch to a new target.
||Boss gauge that fills multiple times over the course of the fight. Every time the bar fills, Ravana will get a stacking Damage Up buff.
||Tankbuster. Heavy damage frontal cleave.
||A 3-hit frontal cleave with minor knockback. After the initial hit, he will wait a moment before continuing with the next two hits, giving the tank a chance to take a few steps forward to the side and avoid them.
|The Seeing Wing/Tail
||Ravana gets a 5-second buff that reflects damage back to players and does a minor knockback, IF they are standing in the wrong side. When he casts this ability, ethereal shields will appear on either his right and left OR his front and back, indicating where players can't attack from. Knockback only affects physical attacks; magic DPS don't need to move.
- Seeing Wing: Shields will appear on his front and back. Players can attack from the sides only.
- Seeing Tail: Shields will appear on his flanks. Players can attack from the front or back only.
|Prelude to Slaughter
||Used during Damage Stance. Ravana will begin charging this skill up where he stands. After 15 seconds, he will do a massive unmarked AoE around him, doing moderate damage, knocking back players struck, and giving them a Vulnerability stack. To avoid, players must stand at max range. Followed by multiple flaming line AoEs in random directions and a donut AoE with the safe spot in the center of the arena.
||Used during Damage Stance. Ravana will begin charging up, and then turn to face a random player. Players need to move and stand directly behind him, as he will send out a massive AoE in all other directions. Afterwards, flaming line AoEs will make a cross and split the arena into four parts, with 2 players marked with a large purple AoE that moves with them.
||Used during Damage Stance. Appears first in Phase 2. Four players will be marked with swords over their heads, with each player having a different number of swords, from 1 to 4. After the 15 second cast time for the skill, the boss will leap away, and then charge from the center of the room to the marked players in the order of the swords on their heads. Players should spread out, with marked players not stacking together and the rest of the group not in line with any of the marked players. Followed by a donut AoE centered in the middle and then a large AoE in the center with the safe spots along the edges.
||Multiple butterfly adds will flutter down and land on the platform. These must be killed ASAP: if they finish their cast, they will transform into a sword, increasing the damage of Bloody Fuller.
- Spirit Ghana: Begins casting immediately, has low health and dies quickly.
- Moon Ghana: Starts casting after a few seconds, has much more health than the Spirit Ghanas. Should be focused down first as soon as they land.
||Ravana's ultimate. Does more damage the more swords are on the platform from the Ghanas. The entire group will be stunned and lifted into the air. He will charge across the arena once, and an additional time for each sword remaining, dealing damage and giving a vulnerability stack, before unleashing the full ability. Signifies start of Phase 2.
Advice and Tips
- Unless you are the MT, never stand in front of Ravana, as he has many frontal cleaves.
- Don't tank the boss against the wall; it's best to keep him in the center so his abilities don't destroy the Fence Wall sooner than necessary.
- Focus the Moon Ghanas over the Spirit Ghanas as they take longer to kill.
All abilities from Phase 1 except for Ghanas appear in this phase as well.
|Pillars of Heaven
||Proximity attack from the center of the room. Does a massive knockback to all players. Make sure your back is to an unbroken Fence Wall so you aren't knocked off.
|Rose of Hate
||Occurs during Defense Stance. Spawns multiple pulsing orbs that are tethered to players. They will slowly move towards whoever they are tethered to and will explode if they touch them or any other player, dealing damage and giving a Vulnerability stack in a small AoE around them. Players should kite these around for the few moments before they explode on their own, dealing damage to nearby players.
||A line AoE that targets whoever has second hate during Defense Stance.
||Moderate raid-wide damage.
Advice and Tips
- As its easier to fall off during this phase, it's important to note that if you do fall you cannot be resurrected.
- Careful not to run through any orbs during Rose of Hate.
- The OT should pre Provoke + Shirk the MT so they are second hate in preparation for Defense Stance.
(Fixed Rate Drop)